Fahrenheit 9/11 : Did you see it and if you did what do you think about it ?

limerickman said:
How many people flew with the Eagles and Tigers ?
Maybe you'll give me an answer as Bikerman has lost the ability to cut and paste this data and I have asked him to provide me with a number.
If you are prepared to post the number here - I'd appreciate it.
Seriously, I'd like to try to actually quantify US manpower between 1939-1941 in WW2.
Wrongo again colonel Sanders...Does this look familiar?

Or, nothing like hearing it from a person living in a country that sat on their collective hands from 1939-1941 !
Your original statement. Nowhere do I see a query for numbers...That came later once your statement was proven to be...poppycock!

limerickman said:
Direct your view to Bikerman - he's the one that introduced DeValera to the discussion.
I merely pointed out DeValera citizenship.

In fact, you're probably better off not directing a question to Bikerman, because he/she will make a claim and then will not back it up.
Wrongo again...This is what I like to call "pretzel logic" Limerickman style....

zapper said:
Wrongo again colonel Sanders...Does this look familiar?

Your original statement. Nowhere do I see a query for numbers...That came later once your statement was proven to be...poppycock!

How many US men served in WW2 before Pearl Harbour ?
Simple question.
Any chance of an answer.

Expect you eat regularly at KFC, Zapper ?
Those $120 meals with your wife...........

limerickman said:
Simple question.
Any chance of an answer.
But Germany didn't declare war on us Lim...You say that is the Requisite to invade a country or attack...We must wait for others to declare war on us... How am I doing at that twisting technique of yours???

Expect you eat regularly at KFC, Zapper ?
Those $120 meals with your wife...........
Ah, good memory and this is funny. I much prefer your humor to your debating technique...For the record, don't much like KFC but I love the movie waterboy....

zapper said:
But Germany didn't declare war on us Lim...You say that is the Requisite to invade a country or attack...We must wait for others to declare war on us... How am I doing at that twisting technique of yours???

Ah, good memory and this is funny. I much prefer your humor to your debating technique...For the record, don't much like KFC but I love the movie waterboy....

Japan.
Japan was part of the German-Italian-Japan alliance.
By Japan attacking Pearl Harbour, Italy and Germany declared war with the
USA.
The alliance was known as the Axis forces.

Did you not learn this when you were younger ?

De Valera grew up in Ireland, fought in Ireland, spent time in jails for his efforts towards Irish independence, and spent 27 years as head of the Irish state. In the wake of that, to say that his citizenship was American (and thereby attempt to imply that he's *not* really Irish) is a complete distortion of the truth to support your position. This is the same tactic you (rightfully) accuse the Bush administration of constantly using.

Further, the claim that de Valera invoked his American birth to save his own life has come only from you - I find no reference to this on the half-dozen or so sites that have his biography. In each case, they mention that his birth nation was a factor in his non-execution, but none mentions that he was the one who claimed it. In fact, the only quote from 1916 I *did* find from him was "shoot me if you will, but arrange for my men". Hardly sounds like the self-serving coward you describe.

Your continual insistence on 'a number' of men who served in WWII prior to Pearl Harbor makes it clear that you have no real allegiance to the truth - you merely want to tally up points on some scoreboard in your head.

Regardless of the presence or lack of 'a number' of US volunteers, the facts are clear; during the years 1939-1941, the US gave billions in aid that was never repaid, and there were volunteer pilots flying in the Chinese and European theaters.

Do you dispute those facts? It's a simple yes/no question. If you answer 'yes', then you make it obvious that you're completely ignorant. If you answer 'no', then your insistence on a number of volunteers is pointless and irrelevant.

Either way, you've got no legs to stand on. Give it up.

limerickman said:
Direct your view to Bikerman - he's the one that introduced DeValera to the discussion.

In fact, you're probably better off not directing a question to Bikerman, because he/she will make a claim and then will not back it up.
Watch out everyone. Lemmy's got to be dizzy from all the spinning he is doing.
I backed up my claim. Then you(Lemmy)tried it to change it to a question of quantity. I think everyone now sees you for what you are.

skwanch said:
De Valera grew up in Ireland, fought in Ireland, spent time in jails for his efforts towards Irish independence, and spent 27 years as head of the Irish state. In the wake of that, to say that his citizenship was American (and thereby attempt to imply that he's *not* really Irish) is a complete distortion of the truth to support your position. This is the same tactic you (rightfully) accuse the Bush administration of constantly using.

Further, the claim that de Valera invoked his American birth to save his own life has come only from you - I find no reference to this on the half-dozen or so sites that have his biography. In each case, they mention that his birth nation was a factor in his non-execution, but none mentions that he was the one who claimed it. In fact, the only quote from 1916 I *did* find from him was "shoot me if you will, but arrange for my men". Hardly sounds like the self-serving coward you describe.

Your continual insistence on 'a number' of men who served in WWII prior to Pearl Harbor makes it clear that you have no real allegiance to the truth - you merely want to tally up points on some scoreboard in your head.

Regardless of the presence or lack of 'a number' of US volunteers, the facts are clear; during the years 1939-1941, the US gave billions in aid that was never repaid, and there were volunteer pilots flying in the Chinese and European theaters.

Do you dispute those facts? It's a simple yes/no question. If you answer 'yes', then you make it obvious that you're completely ignorant. If you answer 'no', then your insistence on a number of volunteers is pointless and irrelevant.

Either way, you've got no legs to stand on. Give it up.

Message 556 on this thread introduces DeValera.
556 was posted by your fellow countryman Bikerman.

In his/her attempt to question Ireland's contribution to the war effort, Bikerman tried to show that DeValera as President of Ireland was somehow duplicitous when it came to Nazi Germany by signing a book of condolence for one Adolf ******.

Having informed Bike from message 501 onwards that 150,000 Irishmen
VOLUNTEERED to fight, I simply asked our friend to quantify his countries
contribution between 1939-1941.
No number has been forwarded - because he/she is unable to quantify it,
as history shows.

Now if you're unahppy with someone pointing out facts to Bikerman - I suggest that you inform Bikerman to not try to land some cheap shots.

Finally, I certainly did not question the fact that the USA gave money to Europe.
What I did question is Bikermans claims and his insinuations against my country's contribution to WW2.
I have proven my claim to the volunteer question.
I await Bikerman numbers for US volunteers between 1939-1941.

limerickman said:
Message 556 on this thread introduces DeValera.
556 was posted by your fellow countryman Bikerman.

In his/her attempt to question Ireland's contribution to the war effort, Bikerman tried to show that DeValera as President of Ireland was somehow duplicitous when it came to Nazi Germany by signing a book of condolence for one Adolf ******.

Having informed Bike from message 501 onwards that 150,000 Irishmen
VOLUNTEERED to fight, I simply asked our friend to quantify his countries
contribution between 1939-1941.
No number has been forwarded - because he/she is unable to quantify it,
as history shows.

Now if you're unahppy with someone pointing out facts to Bikerman - I suggest that you inform Bikerman to not try to land some cheap shots.

Finally, I certainly did not question the fact that the USA gave money to Europe.
What I did question is Bikermans claims and his insinuations against my country's contribution to WW2.
I have proven my claim to the volunteer question.
I await Bikerman numbers for US volunteers between 1939-1941.
And we await your acknowledgement that there were American volunteers in 1939-1941. Remember you stated that there were NONE.

limerickman said:
Japan.
Japan was part of the German-Italian-Japan alliance.
By Japan attacking Pearl Harbour, Italy and Germany declared war with the
USA.
The alliance was known as the Axis forces.

Did you not learn this when you were younger ?
There you go again...just a slight twist. I am quite aware of the alliance there Lim but this is what you said:

According to your original argument and my text books, Japan didn't attack us until pearl harbour.....thus the alliance hadn't declared war on USduring the time that you wanted the U.S. to go on the offensive....Nice try.

zapper said:
There you go again...just a slight twist. I am quite aware of the alliance there Lim but this is what you said:

According to your original argument and my text books, Japan didn't attack us until pearl harbour.....thus the alliance hadn't declared war on USduring the time that you wanted the U.S. to go on the offensive....Nice try.

OK - the alliance did not declare war until Pearl Harbour.

Bikerman2004 said:
And we await your acknowledgement that there were American volunteers in 1939-1941. Remember you stated that there were NONE.

When your ready, bring on the numbers.
But you can't, cause there ain't none.

This topic about US lack of involvement in WW2 between 1939-1941 is now over.

limerickman said:
When your ready, bring on the numbers.
But you can't, cause there ain't none.

This topic about US lack of involvement in WW2 between 1939-1941 is now over.
This is Lemmy's way of conceding. On behalf of all others 'discussing' this on this forum, we accept your surrender. Goodnight!

Bikerman2004 said:
This is Lemmy's way of conceding. On behalf of all others 'discussing' this on this forum, we accept your surrender. Goodnight!

All this posting must be doing some good by keeping Limmy out of the bottle. But he has given up, probably hitting it hard again. Drink deep, Limmy boy! :eek:

Weisse Luft said:
All this posting must be doing some good by keeping Limmy out of the bottle. But he has given up, probably hitting it hard again. Drink deep, Limmy boy! :eek:
I wish our KFC served beer...

Bikerman2004 said:

No, Bikey.

If I say you're right - then I'll say it.

But I haven't - so you're not !

But if you do manage to generate that number - and not an phoney Enron number - I'll be glad to debate with you.

In the meantime, to you and the eponymous Wiesse Luft (is that Jewish, by the way ?), see ya !

limerickman said:
No, Bikey.

If I say you're right - then I'll say it.

But I haven't - so you're not !

But if you do manage to generate that number - and not an phoney Enron number - I'll be glad to debate with you.

In the meantime, to you and the eponymous Wiesse Luft (is that Jewish, by the way ?), see ya !
I thought this was closed. Wait what is that I hear? Oh Lemmy is talking or is that twisting out his butt again. He can't twist out of this mess he got himself into so he cuts and runs. Must have a little French blood in him. And look the anti-semitic european is coming out in Lem. Sad sad sad.

Bikerman2004 said:
I thought this was closed. Wait what is that I hear? Oh Lemmy is talking or is that twisting out his butt again. He can't twist out of this mess he got himself into so he cuts and runs. Must have a little French blood in him. And look the anti-semitic european is coming out in Lem. Sad sad sad.

Wiesse Luft - is this a Jewish name ?
How can asking if a name is Jewish be anti-Semetic ?

limerickman said:
Wiesse Luft - is this a Jewish name ?
How can asking if a name is Jewish be anti-Semetic ?
Why would you ask much less care what he is? I think we can all be sure you would try to twist it into something. See Ya!