Fahrenheit 9/11 : Did you see it and if you did what do you think about it ?

zapper said:
Confused? Doesn't surprise me. You actually think that the term lib is a dirty word? You can call me conservative all you want, doesn't hurt my feelings.

Fact. Many Liberal demonstrators are either sporting pig noses or twisty cuffs...i.e. 1,500 arrested thus far.

Fact. Lib posters have been might quiet lately...Yes, that includes you. I know you are of no particular party bla bla bla...

Fact. The little piggy in the middle could be DC or it could be YOU who knows..just asking a question cause we haven't heard from the LIB pack lately.

Fact. The party that you are supporting act like idots. They are putting peoples lives in danger and are attacking the officers of the law. You may find my posts to be offensive or lowbrow. That is your opinion and I have no problem with that. But you can't compare my post to those WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW I have broken no laws here. Your post makes it increasingly obvious that you are indeed Liberal/DEM. I say again, take pride in your party and do something to clean it up for it is falling apart!

In light of your attempts at justification I decided I wasn't done yet with the above post so it has been edited. Feel free to revisit your own words. And since you prefer to think only non-republicans break laws, you might want to do a little research into the percentage of mass murderers and their political bias. Doesn't speak well for the republicans. And one more time, I have no political party. I don't buy my politics pre-packaged.

Beastt said:
And since you prefer to think only non-republicans break laws, you might want to do a little research into the percentage of mass murderers and their political bias. Doesn't speak well for the republicans.
What proof do you have to make this accusation?

So are you guys saying if I get held up next week that I should ask for the person voter registration before I conceded to their demands. :confused:

zapper said:
Confused? Doesn't surprise me. You actually think that the term lib is a dirty word? You can call me conservative all you want, doesn't hurt my feelings.

Fact. Many Liberal demonstrators are either sporting pig noses or twisty cuffs...i.e. 1,500 arrested thus far.

Fact. Lib posters have been might quiet lately...Yes, that includes you. I know you are of no particular party bla bla bla...

Fact. The little piggy in the middle could be DC or it could be YOU who knows..just asking a question cause we haven't heard from the LIB pack lately.

Fact. The party that you are supporting act like idots. They are putting peoples lives in danger and are attacking the officers of the law. You may find my posts to be offensive or lowbrow. That is your opinion and I have no problem with that. But you can't compare my post to those WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW I have broken no laws here. Your post makes it increasingly obvious that you are indeed Liberal/DEM. I say again, take pride in your party and do something to clean it up for it is falling apart!

Fantastic Speech !

A lot of talk about the law.
Indeed, one would think that you respect the law.
But you don't.
You have absolutely no repsect for the law.

Next time you want to throw stones you might look in the mirror first, try taking a look at WHY 9/11 happend, what actually caused it. No one wakes up in the morning and just decides to give his life and take thousands of other lives just for something to do.

What complete ********. You're basically saying that the fact that they were so nobly willing to sacrifice the lives of thousands of INNOCENT PEOPLE means that their 'cause' is important and we should listen to them.

********. They're cowards, psychopaths and deserve ZERO consideration of their grievances. Whatever moral high ground they want to claim they have completely abandonded by taking the lives of innocents.

After seeing this display there is little wonder why the Dems have a rep for being intellectually challenged....

Only among kneejerk Republicans.

Like 'Freedom Fries' is an intelligent response to the French position (hey, newsflash you f#cking idiots - 'French Fries' are actually BELGIAN! So you basically just stood up in front of the world and said 'not only are we petty, we're f#cking stupid too')

Or like the 'purple heart' bandages that Republican delegates are wearing are an intelligent protest.

It's all trivial, petty cheap shots devoid of any actual thought process - in other words, politics as usual in the good ol' US of A.

skwanch said:
********. They're cowards, psychopaths and deserve ZERO consideration of their grievances. Whatever moral high ground they want to claim they have completely abandonded by taking the lives of innocents.

You're letting your emotions run away with you.

limerickman said:
You're letting your emotions run away with you.

Oh - pardon me. I do tend to get a tad emotional when thousands of people are killed for a ****ing media stunt. I was under the impression that that was a human trait.

My bad.

skwanch said:
Oh - pardon me. I do tend to get a tad emotional when thousands of people are killed for a ****ing media stunt. I was under the impression that that was a human trait.

My bad.

Indeed.
Thanks for that very interesting perspective.

Bikerman2004 said:
What proof do you have to make this accusation?

As it turns out that's a better question than I expected it to be. I recall hearing an exact percentage which were republican. I believe it was 73% but I can't say for sure. I do feel confident that it was 70% or more but since I'm finding that digging up the actual numbers from a credible site is proving far more difficult than I anticipated, I'll retract the statement until such time as I can produce some credible substantiation for it. All I will say at this point is that at least Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer professed to orient to the republican side. Ted Bundy to a marked degree engaging in fund-raisers, etc. and Dahmer to a lesser degree.

Beastt said:
As it turns out that's a better question than I expected it to be. I recall hearing an exact percentage which were republican. I believe it was 73% but I can't say for sure. I do feel confident that it was 70% or more but since I'm finding that digging up the actual numbers from a credible site is proving far more difficult than I anticipated, I'll retract the statement until such time as I can produce some credible substantiation for it. All I will say at this point is that at least Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer professed to orient to the republican side. Ted Bundy to a marked degree engaging in fund-raisers, etc. and Dahmer to a lesser degree.
Don't have to retract it. I thought maybe it was one of those oddball tidbits of trivia. I was just interested where it came from.

skwanch said:

My bad.

Emotions under such circumstances are to be expected and accomodated. But when it comes time to think about the aspects of such a situation, it's time to try to put those emotions aside and consider the situation logically. Most of the country seemed not to be able to do that immediately after the incident which is to be expected. However, at this point, almost 3-years later, those who haven't already should begin to consider what was said earlier. The much touted explanation that the terrorists were all psychopathic, mentally-diseased beings of pure evil is a bit simplistic and overlooks the dynamics which lead to the attack. It can be stated that they had reasons which to them justified their actions. To me, such actions are completely unjustifiable, much as Bush's reaction to the attack.

Bikerman2004 said:
Don't have to retract it. I thought maybe it was one of those oddball tidbits of trivia. I was just interested where it came from.

I appreciate the latitude but under the circumstances, if I can't back it then it should be retracted. I'm still under the impression that it is one of those oddball tidbits which really means nothing unless someone attempts to suggest that one political party is significantly more responsible for commiting crimes than another and that flawed argument is used to try to raise the republican party above the others. In the mean time I'll continue to look for the exact numbers I was looking for and when I do, I'll post those numbers as well as a source.

The much touted explanation that the terrorists were all psychopathic, mentally-diseased beings of pure evil is a bit simplistic and overlooks the dynamics which lead to the attack.

The dynamics that led to the attack were that someone wanted to make a political statement, and they chose to sacrifice innocent lives to make it. They didn't attack a military base, or sacrifice themselves. They killed innocents; women, children, grandparents on their way to visit new grandkids, newlyweds on their honeymoons, politicians on their way back to the capitol - it didn't matter to the terrorists. They were just objects in the way of the statement the terrorists wanted to make. The complete lack of regard for human life that that *choice* demonstrates is evidence of a mind that does not hold human values. That mind has chosen to lash out and place a higher premium on expression of their own frustration and anger than upon the preservation of life.

That's a psychopath. To take any other view is perforce to argue that terrorism is a legitimate form of political protest, a view which I will not accede to.

But when it comes time to think about the aspects of such a situation, it's time to try to put those emotions aside and consider the situation logically

Why? Our emotions are what make us human. Divorcing ourselves from them is what allows us to rationalize all sorts of abhorrent behavior.

skwanch said:
The dynamics that led to the attack were that someone wanted to make a political statement, and they chose to sacrifice innocent lives to make it. They didn't attack a military base, or sacrifice themselves. They killed innocents; women, children, grandparents on their way to visit new grandkids, newlyweds on their honeymoons, politicians on their way back to the capitol - it didn't matter to the terrorists. They were just objects in the way of the statement the terrorists wanted to make. The complete lack of regard for human life that that *choice* demonstrates is evidence of a mind that does not hold human values. That mind has chosen to lash out and place a higher premium on expression of their own frustration and anger than upon the preservation of life.

That's a psychopath. To take any other view is perforce to argue that terrorism is a legitimate form of political protest, a view which I will not accede to.

You correctly state that the terrorists wished to make a political statement but completely ignore why that would be or why they felt so strongly about the statement that they were willing to forfeit their own lives as well as taking the lives of thousands of innocents. Therein lies the improper exclusion which leads you to your explanation that they were psychopaths.

skwanch said:

Another aspect that needs to be considered is that "Terrorism" an act to achieve an end or a reaction seldom ever achieves the intended goal but generally solidifies the resolve of the individuals or establishment being attacked ,at least for a time. The act may get a reaction but it is seldom a positive one for the terrorist. Yes I know the last resort for frustrated cause but still not effective.
I am willing to be corrected on this observation if someone has arguments to the contrary.

One could make an argument that invading Iraq (not opposing it) was beneficial for bin Laden/Al-Qaeda. Not because they are linked, but BL could spin the war as a one against Islam and thus turn more vulnerable Middle-Eastern (men) into terrorists working for Al-Qaeda etc.

PS: The Russian hostage situation, as I see it, is not about the invasion of Iraq but more about the land dispute between the Chechens and the Russians.

skwanch said:
Why? Our emotions are what make us human. Divorcing ourselves from them is what allows us to rationalize all sorts of abhorrent behavior.

No, what makes us human is the ability to think.
To think, is to control our emotions.

Animals operate on emotion - humans (are supposed) to think.

Of course high stress situations make us emotional - but it is the ability to think to control these emotions that makes us human.

Beastt said:
You correctly state that the terrorists wished to make a political statement but completely ignore why that would be or why they felt so strongly about the statement that they were willing to forfeit their own lives as well as taking the lives of thousands of innocents. Therein lies the improper exclusion which leads you to your explanation that they were psychopaths.

exactly.
Root cause has been completely been ignored Skwanch.