Faint after exercise

Neue

Guest
Hello, I'm a young man in general good health. However, lately, during exercise like biking or
jogging, I've felt as if I'm about to pass out, only I never do. I read about Long QT Syndrome, or
Sudden Death Syndrome, and learned that a symptom might be feeling faint after exercise. Now, I know
I've had through out my life several ECGs, does that mean that if I had Long QT Syndrom I would know
it by now? Is an ECG all it takes? Thanks in advance.

Neue wrote:

> Hello, I'm a young man in general good health. However, lately, during exercise like biking or
> jogging, I've felt as if I'm about to pass out, only I never do. I read about Long QT Syndrome, or
> Sudden Death Syndrome, and learned that a symptom might be feeling faint after exercise. Now, I
> know I've had through out my life several ECGs, does that mean that if I had Long QT Syndrom I
> would know it by now?

Probably.

> Is an ECG all it takes?

For long QT syndrome, yes. However, you should still inform your doctor about your symptoms.

> Thanks in advance.

You are welcome.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

On 2 Mar 2004 14:39:59 -0800, [email protected] (Neue) wrote:

>Hello, I'm a young man in general good health. However, lately, during exercise like biking or
>jogging, I've felt as if I'm about to pass out, only I never do. I read about Long QT Syndrome, or
>Sudden Death Syndrome, and learned that a symptom might be feeling faint after exercise. Now, I
>know I've had through out my life several ECGs, does that mean that if I had Long QT Syndrom I
>would know it by now? Is an ECG all it takes? Thanks in advance.

Yes, LQTS would show up on an ecg.

Self-diagnosis is probably not advisable. You really should talk to a cardiologist about
your concerns.

L.

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Neue wrote in article
<[email protected]>:

>Hello, I'm a young man in general good health. However, lately, during exercise like biking or
>jogging, I've felt as if I'm about to pass out, only I never do. I read about Long QT Syndrome, or
>Sudden Death Syndrome, and learned that a symptom might be feeling faint after exercise. Now, I
>know I've had through out my life several ECGs, does that mean that if I had Long QT Syndrom I
>would know it by now? Is an ECG all it takes? Thanks in advance.

This kind of faintness can happen during or after *vigorous extended* exercise, most often due to
dehydration, hyponatremia, or reduced blood glucose.

However, you don't indicate that your biking or jogging fall into that category, so I'd suggest you
follow up with a cardiologist whom you trust and who, hopefully, knows your history so you can
eliminate or treat other more serious possibilities.
--
Don [email protected]