Faint after exercise

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Neue, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Neue

    Neue Guest

    Hello, I'm a young man in general good health. However, lately, during exercise like biking or
    jogging, I've felt as if I'm about to pass out, only I never do. I read about Long QT Syndrome, or
    Sudden Death Syndrome, and learned that a symptom might be feeling faint after exercise. Now, I know
    I've had through out my life several ECGs, does that mean that if I had Long QT Syndrom I would know
    it by now? Is an ECG all it takes? Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Neue wrote:

    > Hello, I'm a young man in general good health. However, lately, during exercise like biking or
    > jogging, I've felt as if I'm about to pass out, only I never do. I read about Long QT Syndrome, or
    > Sudden Death Syndrome, and learned that a symptom might be feeling faint after exercise. Now, I
    > know I've had through out my life several ECGs, does that mean that if I had Long QT Syndrom I
    > would know it by now?

    Probably.

    > Is an ECG all it takes?

    For long QT syndrome, yes. However, you should still inform your doctor about your symptoms.

    > Thanks in advance.

    You are welcome.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  3. listener

    listener Guest

    On 2 Mar 2004 14:39:59 -0800, [email protected] (Neue) wrote:

    >Hello, I'm a young man in general good health. However, lately, during exercise like biking or
    >jogging, I've felt as if I'm about to pass out, only I never do. I read about Long QT Syndrome, or
    >Sudden Death Syndrome, and learned that a symptom might be feeling faint after exercise. Now, I
    >know I've had through out my life several ECGs, does that mean that if I had Long QT Syndrom I
    >would know it by now? Is an ECG all it takes? Thanks in advance.

    Yes, LQTS would show up on an ecg.

    Self-diagnosis is probably not advisable. You really should talk to a cardiologist about
    your concerns.

    L.

  4. Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman Guest

    It seems to me I heard somewhere that Neue wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:

    >Hello, I'm a young man in general good health. However, lately, during exercise like biking or
    >jogging, I've felt as if I'm about to pass out, only I never do. I read about Long QT Syndrome, or
    >Sudden Death Syndrome, and learned that a symptom might be feeling faint after exercise. Now, I
    >know I've had through out my life several ECGs, does that mean that if I had Long QT Syndrom I
    >would know it by now? Is an ECG all it takes? Thanks in advance.

    This kind of faintness can happen during or after *vigorous extended* exercise, most often due to
    dehydration, hyponatremia, or reduced blood glucose.

    However, you don't indicate that your biking or jogging fall into that category, so I'd suggest you
    follow up with a cardiologist whom you trust and who, hopefully, knows your history so you can
    eliminate or treat other more serious possibilities.
    --
    Don [email protected]