Fairfield Horsesho

rob

Guest
of to do it tommorrow
which is the preferable direction clockwise or anticlockwise
or doesnt it make any difference
shall be starting from ambleside probably unless anyone knows any where else
to park

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:13:47 +0000 (UTC), "rob" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>of to do it tommorrow
>which is the preferable direction clockwise or anticlockwise
>or doesnt it make any difference
>shall be starting from ambleside probably unless anyone knows any where else
>to park

I prefer clockwise as I'd rather go up the steep climb to Nab Scar at
the beginning of the day rather than down it at the end. This leaves a
long and gradual descent from Dove Crag back to Ambleside.

See:
http://www.lakedistrictwalks.com/fairho.html

for details and pictures.

HTH

John D.
--
John Dawson at home in Kendal, Cumbria.
Lake District Walks Web Pages http://www.lakedistrictwalks.com/

rob wrote:
> of to do it tommorrow
> which is the preferable direction clockwise or anticlockwise
> or doesnt it make any difference
> shall be starting from ambleside probably unless anyone knows any where else
> to park

I always prefer to do it clockwise:
http://www.stridingedge.net/Walks/2004/8 August/2.8.04.htm
It might be worth trying to park at Rydal by the church, should be
quiet tomorrow. There were some roadworks there, but you should still
get parked. The only downside to parking there is the flat run in at
the end rather than the beginning.
Regards,
Sean
http://www.stridingedge.net

rob wrote:
> of to do it tommorrow
> which is the preferable direction clockwise or anticlockwise
> or doesnt it make any difference
> shall be starting from ambleside probably unless anyone knows any where else
> to park

Most probably too late but...

* Clockwise best direction

Parking

* Extortionate fees - large Car Park Ambleside

David.

what a miserable day rained all day and was blowing a gale could hardly
stand on fairfield dense mist al day took a wrong turn and ended up going
round the back of dove crag and had to climb back up to the ridge was
getting a bit worried at this point as it was 3 30 pm
gets back on track and bugger me the sole came of my boot was held on just
by the toe but made it back ok got back to the car at 6 .20
at rydal church
not the best day out but still enjoyed it
thanks to sean and john for the info

"214Fells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> rob wrote:
>> of to do it tommorrow
>> which is the preferable direction clockwise or anticlockwise
>> or doesnt it make any difference
>> shall be starting from ambleside probably unless anyone knows any where
>> else
>> to park

> Most probably too late but...
>
> * Clockwise best direction
>
> Parking
>
> * Extortionate fees - large Car Park Ambleside
>
> David.

what a miserable day rained all day and was blowing a gale could hardly
stand on fairfield dense mist al day took a wrong turn and ended up going
round the back of dove crag and had to climb back up to the ridge was
getting a bit worried at this point as it was 3 30 pm
gets back on track and bugger me the sole came of my boot was held on just
by the toe but made it back ok got back to the car at 6 .20
at rydal church
not the best day out but still enjoyed it
thanks to sean and john for the info

"214Fells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> rob wrote:
>> of to do it tommorrow
>> which is the preferable direction clockwise or anticlockwise
>> or doesnt it make any difference
>> shall be starting from ambleside probably unless anyone knows any where
>> else
>> to park

> Most probably too late but...
>
> * Clockwise best direction
>
> Parking
>
> * Extortionate fees - large Car Park Ambleside
>
> David.

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 22:30:16 +0000 (UTC), "rob" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>what a miserable day rained all day and was blowing a gale

Exactly as the Beeb forecast suggested!! :)

>could hardly stand on fairfield dense mist al day took a wrong turn

ooh er,

>gets back on track and bugger me the sole came of my boot was held on just
>by the toe but made it back ok got back to the car at 6 .20
>at rydal church
>not the best day out but still enjoyed it

Sounds like you had the makings of an epic there, sounds like you had
fun :)