Fairing Question?

The Seldin Family

Guest
I have a zzipper Fairing for my Stratus. The faing has a lot of scratches
from rolling it up for transport. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the
best way to remove the scratches and a better way to transport the fairing
so this does not happen again.Thanks
Harold

The Seldin Family wrote:
> I have a zzipper Fairing for my Stratus. The faing has a lot of scratches
> from rolling it up for transport. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the
> best way to remove the scratches and a better way to transport the fairing
> so this does not happen again.Thanks
> Harold

Zzipper sells plastic polish of the correct grade for removing small
scratches. You can also get Meguiar's products that do almost as well-
look for them at auto parts stores that carry a good selection of paint
& body supplies, or marine stores (boat windshields are often plastic)
or airplane supplies (aircraft also have plastic windshields).

I'm pretty sure Zzipper also sells a soft cloth bag for packing up the
fairing. You could also try rolling it up in a big towel.

Jeff

Meguiar's Plastic Polish

That is the best solution along with a large microfiber cleaning
cloth, to maximize the polishing action. You can often buy a bundle of
the microfiber cloths at auto parts stores. It takes a lot of elbow
grease, but eventually, you can restore much of the clarity. Don't
expect miracles, though, as not all the deeper scratches will come out.

Steve McDonald