Fake letters

Simon Mason

Guest
My response to a fake letter in our local newspaper.

On 9 JUN 04, you published a letter with the following
content.

"Now that the police are dealing with the motorists
that break the speed limit, are they going to uphold
the law regarding the cyclists that don't have lights
on during darkness?

That pedal on the pavement? That ride through red
traffic lights?

If the law is upheld for motorists it should be likewise
for cyclists.

S Mason, Bloomfield Road, Wold Road, Hull."

This letter was a fake. The person pretending to be me was
using my old address (actually Bloomfield Avenue) from over
4 years ago. No such person as S Mason lives there.

Since I usually write about pro cycling matters, the
phony writer is obviously trying to hijack my name in an
attempt to prove a point. I would like to put the record
straight if I may.

Thanks.

Simon Mason

Anlaby

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 17:36:10 +0100, "Simon Mason"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> This letter was a fake. The person pretending to be me was
> using my old address (actually Bloomfield Avenue) from
> over 4 years ago. No such person as S Mason lives there.

An anti-cyclist out to wind you up probably. Bloomin' sauce!

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -
Mark Twain

In news:[email protected],
Simon Mason <[email protected]> typed:
> My response to a fake letter in our local newspaper.
>

> On 9 JUN 04, you published a letter with the following
> content.
>
> "Now that the police are dealing with the motorists that
> break the speed limit, are they going to uphold the law
> regarding the cyclists that don't have lights on during
> darkness?
>
> That pedal on the pavement? That ride through red
> traffic lights?
>
> If the law is upheld for motorists it should be likewise
> for cyclists.
>
> S Mason, Bloomfield Road, Wold Road, Hull."
>
> This letter was a fake. The person pretending to be
> me was using my old address (actually Bloomfield
> Avenue) from over 4 years ago. No such person as S
> Mason lives there.
>
> Since I usually write about pro cycling matters, the phony
> writer is obviously trying to hijack my name in an attempt
> to prove a point. I would like to put the record straight
> if I may.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Simon Mason

You could have mentioned that you do actually agree about
enforcement of cycling law, but I guess it's not the issue.
Some people really are pathetic, though. How cowardly is it
to try to discredit you with this illiterate ****?