Fallen Lifetimer

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Winnie Roberts, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last year
    and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)

    What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.

    Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.

    Hope you will welcome me to your group.

    Winnie

    Tags:

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    [email protected] (Winnie Roberts) wrote in news:25754-4034D609-232
    @storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net:

    > Hope you will welcome me to your group.

    Welcome Winnie. I'm new here too.

    --
    Richard Since 1938 JLFAMXUIRWQA(at)spammotel(dot)com
    250/242/225 (first goal)

  3. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Winnie Roberts wrote:
    > Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last
    > year and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)
    >
    > What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.
    >
    > Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.
    >
    > Hope you will welcome me to your group.
    >
    > Winnie

    Welcome to the group!! Hope your weigh in goes well and you meet a good leader.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

  4. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:28:09 -0500 (EST), [email protected] (Winnie
    Roberts) wrote:

    >Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last year
    >and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)
    >
    >What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.
    >
    >Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.
    >
    >Hope you will welcome me to your group.

    Welcome to the group. There's loads of help available here. I'm sure someone will be along in a few
    minutes to post the group FAQ, which explains everything.

    RAFL is one of the challenges we do from time to time
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm basically it's to add a bit of accountability to
    your quest to lose weight. Good fun and it encourages you to that extra bit thats needed to reach
    your goal.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

  5. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Welcome (back) Winnie :)
    There are many of us here for whom it ain't the first time around........ :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Winnie Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    3114.bay.webtv.net...
    > Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last
    > year and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)
    >
    > What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.
    >
    > Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.
    >
    > Hope you will welcome me to your group.
    >
    > Winnie

  6. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Hi Winnie, and welcome to the group. Finding a good leadyer is one of the
    most important things - I wish you luck! Here's the welcome notice/FAQ to
    help you understand some of the things going on in here. If there's
    anything else, don't hesitate to ask :)

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Winnie Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    3114.bay.webtv.net...
    > Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last
    > year and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)
    >
    > What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.
    >
    > Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.
    >
    > Hope you will welcome me to your group.
    >
    > Winnie

  7. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Hi Winnie. Welcome.

    Julie

    "Winnie Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    3114.bay.webtv.net...
    > Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last
    > year and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)
    >
    > What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.
    >
    > Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.
    >
    > Hope you will welcome me to your group.
    >
    > Winnie

  8. Betty Boop

    Betty Boop Guest

    Hi Winnie: Welcome to the group. I have learned a lot here. Good luck. Betty

    "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Winnie. Welcome.
    >
    > Julie
    >
    > "Winnie Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 3114.bay.webtv.net...
    > > Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved
    > > last year and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are
    > > fatter than me)
    > >
    > > What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.
    > >
    > > Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.
    > >
    > > Hope you will welcome me to your group.
    > >
    > > Winnie

  9. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Wecome back to WW. But I will take exception to your comment on getting "down to serious dieting."
    Can't consider it a diet - it has to be a sustained way of life and way of eating. We need to
    permanent the way we think about food and how much we eat - FOREVER.

    Best getting back to goal

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:28:09 -0500 (EST), [email protected] (Winnie Roberts) wrote:

    >Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last year
    >and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)
    >
    >What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.
    >
    >Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.
    >
    >Hope you will welcome me to your group.
    >
    >Winnie

  10. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    Roberts) wrote:

    >Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last year
    >and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)

    Welcome to the group Winnie, and good luck finding a group you like, if that's still the plan.
    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  11. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Welcome to the group.

    "Winnie Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    3114.bay.webtv.net...
    > Would like to join you for support to get back to my goal weight......need help.....moved last
    > year and miss my group meetings.....have not found a new group I like (leaders are fatter than me)
    >
    > What does RAFL mean? Also, some other initials used with this group.
    >
    > Will get weighed tomorrow am and get down to serious dieting with you folks.
    >
    > Hope you will welcome me to your group.
    >
    > Winnie

  12. you are most welcome. I am sorry you are not finding a group that suits me,
    I really enjoy my regular meeting, the leader and the people, Lee