Falling off bikes and stuff like that generalllly:

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Jan 24, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    After work yesterday, I went home. After being there for a bit, I went out again, on my bike, and
    rode up the hill, along the road, through the alley, down the field to my Bro's house. He was having
    a get together.

    I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a bottle of
    red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was very tired. I fell asleep,
    then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike and set off home.

    I started going up the field, but when I hit the steep bit someone tipped the hill up, rudely
    dumping me on the muddy ground. Bastards. Anyhow, so I got back on the bike and they tipped it again
    even before I started pedalling again.

    I made it to the top of the field eventually. I got home eventually too. I don't remember if I took
    on the 3 foot drop in the alley near my pad, but I presume I did, 'cos I usually do.

    I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.

    Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?

    Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

    Tags:

  2. Mike Davis

    Mike Davis Guest

    > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
    >
    > Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

    Let me guess.......you usually land on your head

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Mike Davis <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.
    > >

    > Let me guess.......you usually land on your head

    Or somebody else's occasionally yes. I prefer landing on my own though. It's much more polite.

    Goodnight.

    Shaun aRe

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
    some
    > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was
    > very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike
    > and set off home.

    See? I told you people alcohol was dangerous!

    Matt

  5. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
    >
    > Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

    No, you are all on your own here! Try riding sober ;)

  6. Nick Drew

    Nick Drew Guest

    erm yeah. In my case it comes of being shlt, which can be pretty irritating after a while...

    > After work yesterday, I went home. After being there for a bit, I went out again, on my bike, and
    > rode up the hill, along the road, through the
    alley,
    > down the field to my Bro's house. He was having a get together.
    >
    > I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
    some
    > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was
    > very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike
    > and set off home.
    >
    > I started going up the field, but when I hit the steep bit someone tipped the hill up, rudely
    > dumping me on the muddy ground. Bastards. Anyhow, so I got back on the bike and they tipped it
    > again even before I started pedalling again.
    >
    > I made it to the top of the field eventually. I got home eventually too. I don't remember if I
    > took on the 3 foot drop in the alley near my pad, but
    > presume I did, 'cos I usually do.
    >
    > I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.
    >
    > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
    >
    > Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

  7. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer.

    > I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.

    You might get the liver checked whle yer at it, lightweight.

    (perhaps this is why your head hurts today?)

  8. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
    >
    > Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

    No. I'm guessing a pharmacological problem, you need some sort of stimulate in the mix. Caffine
    often works for me, but I would suggest something much stronger in your case. :)

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

  9. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a bottle
    > of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
    <eyes bug out> Blimey.

    > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?

    One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home, and
    was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket for
    operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.

    gabrielle

  10. Mrbusdriver

    Mrbusdriver Guest

    Gravity suxs......... "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > After work yesterday, I went home. After being there for a bit, I went out again, on my bike, and
    > rode up the hill, along the road, through the
    alley,
    > down the field to my Bro's house. He was having a get together.
    >
    > I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
    some
    > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was
    > very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike
    > and set off home.
    >
    > I started going up the field, but when I hit the steep bit someone tipped the hill up, rudely
    > dumping me on the muddy ground. Bastards. Anyhow, so I got back on the bike and they tipped it
    > again even before I started pedalling again.
    >
    > I made it to the top of the field eventually. I got home eventually too. I don't remember if I
    > took on the 3 foot drop in the alley near my pad, but
    > presume I did, 'cos I usually do.
    >
    > I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.
    >
    > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
    >
    > Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

  11. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a
    > > bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
    > <eyes bug out> Blimey.
    >
    > > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
    >
    > One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home,
    > and was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket
    > for operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.

    Hell, I know some people who've been arrested for Drunk WALKING.

    Bill "think it's a beach-area thing" S.

  12. Gabrielle says:

    >local constabulatory (did I say that right?)

    Pretty damn close for a yank ;-) "constabulary".

    >I had thought it only applied to cars.

    I once got a speeding ticket on a road bike for doing 35 in a 25 zone. Probably didn't help that
    traffic was at a standstill and I was speeding up between the cars and the sidewalk. Passed the cop
    car and the siren went off, followed by a shout of "You! On the bike!" Fortunately, that was many
    years ago (1973), and it didn't stay on my record ;-)

    Steve

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:57:15 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a bottle
    >of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was very tired. I fell
    >asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike and set off home.

    tsk, tsk, tsk....perhaps if you had stopped at 5 cans of beer...

    >Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

    Course not we all know it was that 6th can of beer.

    Peace, Bill

    :-]

  14. x

    x Guest

    RE/

    >I once got a speeding ticket on a road bike for doing 35 in a 25 zone.

    Guy I worked with in the Air Force got a ticket from the air cops for doing 45 on base on
    his 10-speed.

    Needless-to-say, he had it framed.
    -----------------------
    Pete Cresswell

  15. Tom Purvis

    Tom Purvis Guest

    "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote:
    On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?

    More often than I care to admit, but not for your reasons (at least for the last decade since I quit
    drinking alcohol).

    > > One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home,
    > > and was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket
    > > for operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.
    >
    > Hell, I know some people who've been arrested for Drunk WALKING.

    When I was living in Laramie, WY back in the early 80's, and cycling was just another way to get
    home from the bar for me, I had a friend who got a nasty ticket for riding drunk. It was at night,
    and he didn't have lights or anything, but still, better than driving home, isn't it?

    Then a few years ago, there was a highly publicized case of a guy in Boulder who rode home from the
    tavern. He got a full-on DUI, and his license to drive a *car* was suspended. I think it eventually
    got thrown out or at least reduced, but in the short run the guy was treated no differently than if
    he'd been driving a car. In CO, DUI can cost you thousands of dollars in fines and insurance,
    driving privileges being revoked for some period, probation; even for a first offense.

    Now we all know, stuff that happens in The People's Republic of Boulder is not actually "real life".
    But the point is that in most states the way the vehicle code reads, bicycles are subject to most of
    the same laws that motorized traffic is subject to. The cop on the scene has a certain amount of
    discretion. But you can be charged with a pretty serious driving offense without actually driving.
    --
    Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/ Salida, CO

  16. Catfish

    Catfish Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:31:16 -0800, gabrielle <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    >> I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a bottle
    >> of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
    ><eyes bug out> Blimey.
    >
    >> Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
    >
    >One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home, and
    >was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket for
    >operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.
    >
    >gabrielle

    In California you can get a DUI riding a horse while intoxicated. And lose your driver's license at
    the same time. Same applies to bicycles.

    Catfish

  17. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Nope. Rarely fall. Unless it's going over some slippery bastard of a root that finds itself under my
    wheel. Then I usually end up doing some olympic sized wipe out.

    Peter - ride sober

    --
    "We are free to be free." Nelson Mandela

    "Politics is much too important a matter to be left to the politicians." Charles de Gaulle

  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > > I sat and chatted, 'shot shit' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
    > some
    > > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before
    > > came out and by now was very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then
    > > fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike and set off home.
    >
    > See? I told you people alcohol was dangerous!

    Alcohol? No. Me? Probably.........

    Shaun aRe

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  20. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    John Harlow <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
    >
    > > I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.
    >
    > You might get the liver checked whle yer at it, lightweight.

    Liver is fine, but my kidneys are shot. I'm only physically a lightweight - why, I'm such a bad ass
    manly man, bet I could drink you and 43 of yer mates under the table.

    > (perhaps this is why your head hurts today?)

    I was lying.

    Shaun aRe