Falling off bikes and stuff like that generalllly:

Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
> >
> > Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.
>
> No. I'm guessing a pharmacological problem, you need some sort of stimulate in the mix. Caffine
> often works for me, but I would suggest something much stronger in your case. :)

Crystal meth?

Shaun aRe

gabrielle <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a
> > bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
> <eyes bug out> Blimey.
>
> > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
>
> One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home,
> and was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket
> for operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.

No, it applies to any vehicle if on a public road - the cops will definitely bust you for it.

Shaun aRe

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:57:15 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
some
> >weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was
> >very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike
> >and set off home.
>
> tsk, tsk, tsk....perhaps if you had stopped at 5 cans of beer...

Hmmm, that's what I thought. Maybe if I had eaten something........

> >Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.
>
> Course not we all know it was that 6th can of beer.

Yeah - screwed my inner ear up. Musta been something in it.

Shaun aRe - Arrived home covered in mud I did.

Peter <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nope. Rarely fall. Unless it's going over some slippery ******* of a root that finds itself under
> my wheel. Then I usually end up doing some olympic sized wipe out.
>
> Peter - ride sober

Heheh - I do ride sober. I fall off drunk.

Shaun aRe - It was only a 5 minute journey and mainly on grass.

> Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
> > >
> > > Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.
> > >
> > No, you are all on your own here! Try riding sober ;)
>
> You can't be serious.
>

> Shaun aRe

No really, try it. I've ridden sober lots of times!

Too much to drink young fellow. Fine but don't get behind the wheel or a pair of handlebar.

MTB Ride hard die free.

"Fred Hinkson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Too much to drink young fellow. Fine but don't get behind the wheel or a pair of
> handlebar.

A pair of handlebar?!? Wow, he really WAS ****-faced!

Bill "always found one bar is plenty to handle" S.

Fred Hinkson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Too much to drink young fellow.

You an old guy or summink, with all this 'young fellow' business?

> Fine but don't get behind the wheel or a pair of handlebar.

Bets way to ride an MTB is trashed - if ya fall off it hurts less. Thought evryone knew that.

> MTB Ride hard die free.

Shaun aRe - Die hard ride wasted.

> MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]... <snip>
> > > I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull),
smoked
> > some
> > > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired
before
> > > came out and by now was very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up,
then
> > > fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike and set off home.
> >
> > See? I told you people alcohol was dangerous!
>
> Alcohol? No. Me? Probably.........
>
> Shaun aRe

Actually, I hear it's the COMBINATION that is truly the root of all evil!

Matt

MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Alcohol? No. Me? Probably.........
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> Actually, I hear it's the COMBINATION that is truly the root of all evil!

What, of me and alcohol? - Nah - I'm a friendly guy, and drinking doesn't change that at all for me,
but I do on occasion fall over. Thing is, I never seem to hurt myself unless completely sober.......

Shaun aRe - Consumption is the root of all excrement.

"Tom Purvis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> More often than I care to admit, but not for your reasons (at least for the last decade since I
> quit drinking alcohol).
>
> > > One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride
> > > home, and was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get
> > > a ticket for operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.
> >
> > Hell, I know some people who've been arrested for Drunk WALKING.
>
> When I was living in Laramie, WY back in the early 80's, and cycling was just another way to get
> home from the bar for me, I had a friend who got a nasty ticket for riding drunk. It was at night,
> and he didn't have lights or anything, but still, better than driving home, isn't it?
>
> Then a few years ago, there was a highly publicized case of a guy in Boulder who rode home from
> the tavern. He got a full-on DUI, and his license to drive a *car* was suspended. I think it
> eventually got thrown out or at least reduced, but in the short run the guy was treated no
> differently than if he'd been driving a car. In CO, DUI can cost you thousands of dollars in fines
> and insurance, driving privileges being revoked for some period, probation; even for a first
> offense.

They do that here in Gunnison too. I've had friends get in some big trouble riding home at night. I
don't get drunk all that much, but the bike is my preferred mode of transport here. I just have to
remember to walk it if I'm really sloshed, or at least remember to turn the light on so I'm not
attracting the law.

Matt

"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > No, you are all on your own here! Try riding sober ;)
> >
> > You can't be serious.
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> No really, try it. I've ridden sober lots of times!

I tried it once.... it's overrated.

Westie

Westie <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > You can't be serious.
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe
> > >

> > No really, try it. I've ridden sober lots of times!
> >

> I tried it once.... it's overrated.
>
> Westie

Riding sober is for those who haven't the skills to ride wasted - it's just a crutch.

Shaun aRe

news:<[email protected]>...
> Westie <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > No really, try it. I've ridden sober lots of times!
> > >

> > I tried it once.... it's overrated.
> >
> > Westie
>
> Riding sober is for those who haven't the skills to ride wasted - it's just a crutch.
>
> Shaun aRe

Right-o! I once rode, smeared, from mid-town Manhattan to Brooklyn over two bridges, and didn't fall
until I got off the bike and attempted to walk up a flight of stairs. Walking -- very dangerous! /s

supabonbon <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Westie <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > I tried it once.... it's overrated.
> > >
> > > Westie
> >
> > Riding sober is for those who haven't the skills to ride wasted - it's
just
> > a crutch.
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> Right-o! I once rode, smeared, from mid-town Manhattan to Brooklyn over two bridges, and didn't
> fall until I got off the bike and attempted to walk up a flight of stairs. Walking -- very
> dangerous! /s

You should have done the 'rock' - stand and sway from side to side, when momentum builds, one
foot at a time lifts from the ground, twist your shoulders from side to side, forward motion
naturally follows.

Shaun aRe