Falling off bikes and stuff like that generalllly:

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
After work yesterday, I went home. After being there for a bit, I went out again, on my bike, and
rode up the hill, along the road, through the alley, down the field to my Bro's house. He was having
a get together.

I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a bottle of
red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was very tired. I fell asleep,
then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike and set off home.

I started going up the field, but when I hit the steep bit someone tipped the hill up, rudely
dumping me on the muddy ground. Bastards. Anyhow, so I got back on the bike and they tipped it again
even before I started pedalling again.

I made it to the top of the field eventually. I got home eventually too. I don't remember if I took
on the 3 foot drop in the alley near my pad, but I presume I did, 'cos I usually do.

I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.

Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?

Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

news:[email protected]... <snip>
> I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
some
> weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was
> very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike
> and set off home.

See? I told you people alcohol was dangerous!

Matt

erm yeah. In my case it comes of being shlt, which can be pretty irritating after a while...

> After work yesterday, I went home. After being there for a bit, I went out again, on my bike, and
> rode up the hill, along the road, through the
alley,
> down the field to my Bro's house. He was having a get together.
>
> I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
some
> weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was
> very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike
> and set off home.
>
> I started going up the field, but when I hit the steep bit someone tipped the hill up, rudely
> dumping me on the muddy ground. Bastards. Anyhow, so I got back on the bike and they tipped it
> again even before I started pedalling again.
>
> I made it to the top of the field eventually. I got home eventually too. I don't remember if I
> took on the 3 foot drop in the alley near my pad, but
> presume I did, 'cos I usually do.
>
> I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.
>
> Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
>
> Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.
>

> weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer.

> I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.

You might get the liver checked whle yer at it, lightweight.

(perhaps this is why your head hurts today?)

> Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
>
> Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

No. I'm guessing a pharmacological problem, you need some sort of stimulate in the mix. Caffine
often works for me, but I would suggest something much stronger in your case. :)

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a bottle
> of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
<eyes bug out> Blimey.

> Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?

One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home, and
was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket for
operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.

gabrielle

Gravity suxs......... "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> After work yesterday, I went home. After being there for a bit, I went out again, on my bike, and
> rode up the hill, along the road, through the
alley,
> down the field to my Bro's house. He was having a get together.
>
> I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
some
> weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was
> very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike
> and set off home.
>
> I started going up the field, but when I hit the steep bit someone tipped the hill up, rudely
> dumping me on the muddy ground. Bastards. Anyhow, so I got back on the bike and they tipped it
> again even before I started pedalling again.
>
> I made it to the top of the field eventually. I got home eventually too. I don't remember if I
> took on the 3 foot drop in the alley near my pad, but
> presume I did, 'cos I usually do.
>
> I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.
>
> Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
>
> Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

"gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a
> > bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
> <eyes bug out> Blimey.
>
> > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
>
> One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home,
> and was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket
> for operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.

Hell, I know some people who've been arrested for Drunk WALKING.

Bill "think it's a beach-area thing" S.

Gabrielle says:

>local constabulatory (did I say that right?)

Pretty damn close for a yank ;-) "constabulary".

>I had thought it only applied to cars.

I once got a speeding ticket on a road bike for doing 35 in a 25 zone. Probably didn't help that
traffic was at a standstill and I was speeding up between the cars and the sidewalk. Passed the cop
car and the siren went off, followed by a shout of "You! On the bike!" Fortunately, that was many
years ago (1973), and it didn't stay on my record ;-)

Steve

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:57:15 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a bottle
>of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before I came out and by now was very tired. I fell
>asleep, then I woke up, then I fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike and set off home.

tsk, tsk, tsk....perhaps if you had stopped at 5 cans of beer...

>Shaun aRe - It's not a skill issue.

Course not we all know it was that 6th can of beer.

Peace, Bill

:-]

RE/

>I once got a speeding ticket on a road bike for doing 35 in a 25 zone.

Guy I worked with in the Air Force got a ticket from the air cops for doing 45 on base on
his 10-speed.

Needless-to-say, he had it framed.
-----------------------
Pete Cresswell

"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> > > Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?

More often than I care to admit, but not for your reasons (at least for the last decade since I quit
drinking alcohol).

> > One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home,
> > and was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket
> > for operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.
>
> Hell, I know some people who've been arrested for Drunk WALKING.

When I was living in Laramie, WY back in the early 80's, and cycling was just another way to get
home from the bar for me, I had a friend who got a nasty ticket for riding drunk. It was at night,
and he didn't have lights or anything, but still, better than driving home, isn't it?

Then a few years ago, there was a highly publicized case of a guy in Boulder who rode home from the
tavern. He got a full-on DUI, and his license to drive a *car* was suspended. I think it eventually
got thrown out or at least reduced, but in the short run the guy was treated no differently than if
he'd been driving a car. In CO, DUI can cost you thousands of dollars in fines and insurance,
driving privileges being revoked for some period, probation; even for a first offense.

Now we all know, stuff that happens in The People's Republic of Boulder is not actually "real life".
But the point is that in most states the way the vehicle code reads, bicycles are subject to most of
the same laws that motorized traffic is subject to. The cop on the scene has a certain amount of
discretion. But you can be charged with a pretty serious driving offense without actually driving.
--
Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/ Salida, CO

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:31:16 -0800, gabrielle <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:57:15 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
>> I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked some weed, drank a bottle
>> of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
><eyes bug out> Blimey.
>
>> Anyone else fall off their mountain bike a lot?
>
>One of my college buddies went out to the pub after having a few, got on her bike to ride home, and
>was informed by the local constabulatory (did I say that right?) that she could get a ticket for
>operating a vehicle under the influence. I had thought it only applied to cars.
>
>gabrielle

In California you can get a DUI riding a horse while intoxicated. And lose your driver's license at
the same time. Same applies to bicycles.

Catfish

Nope. Rarely fall. Unless it's going over some slippery ******* of a root that finds itself under my
wheel. Then I usually end up doing some olympic sized wipe out.

Peter - ride sober

--
"We are free to be free." Nelson Mandela

"Politics is much too important a matter to be left to the politicians." Charles de Gaulle

MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> news:[email protected]... <snip>
> > I sat and chatted, 'shot ****' on a video game (which was dull), smoked
> some
> > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer. I was tired before
> > came out and by now was very tired. I fell asleep, then I woke up, then
> > fell over, then I stood up and got on the bike and set off home.
>
> See? I told you people alcohol was dangerous!

Alcohol? No. Me? Probably.........

Shaun aRe

John Harlow <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > weed, drank a bottle of red wine and 6 cans of beer.
>
> > I'm gonna get the doctor to check my inner ear.
>
> You might get the liver checked whle yer at it, lightweight.

Liver is fine, but my kidneys are shot. I'm only physically a lightweight - why, I'm such a bad ass
manly man, bet I could drink you and 43 of yer mates under the table.

> (perhaps this is why your head hurts today?)

I was lying.

Shaun aRe