Falsifier in Chief: "We’ve never been stay the course"

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Wurm, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Is there any baldfaced lie that this chump (chimp) won't stoop to? Apparently The Lyin' King knows his days in Iraq are numbered, so to prepare for his inevitable retreat, he's begun the propaganda barrage:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It will be interesting to see how...

~2FAST4U,
    ~BillM,
    ~Billsworld,
    ~cdpatten,
    ~Colorado Ryder,
    ~thebluetrain,
    ~wolfix,
    ~and ilk

...will spin this one.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tags:

2. BillM

BillM New Member

I can't speak for the others...but I don't need to spin whatever you post....because if anyone takes the absolute maniacal crap that you post seriously...then they too...are an imbecile.

3. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

He has posted a barefaced lie from your supreme master. If you cant deal with the truth, then buy an island with a cave and stay there. Once its all died down, i'll give you a message via telegram and you can come home. That way you dont have to defend the 'exit strategy' because you wont know about it.

4. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

cdpatten has been declared an "unlawful combatant".The Craggy Island Army (CIA),following its new policy of "rendition",has transferred him to a secure facility where he will undergo re-education until the Global War on Truth has been won.

Habeas corpus no longer applies. :D

5. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Maybe they'll include free 'underwater surfing' lessons in his vacation package.

6. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Well, actually MP I've recently started creating videos of Preznit Pretzel Logic, complete with full studio mock-ups of various news shows and etc.

They look so real, who's gonna know?!

7. Carrera

Carrera New Member

He never posts about anything else, though! :confused: Don't be fooled: Many of Wurm's opponents such as Wolfix, Bill and Colorado Rider may well not be voting for Bush anyway for whatever reason. In spite of that, Wurm just keeps posting and copying and pasting data that backs his theory that all global problems are the fault of Bush Junior when, in actual fact, Bush is just a figurehead and gets most of his policies from those around him.
    Wurm also ignores the bombing of Serbia under Clinton, the way Clinton used Iraq as a scapegoat when he was pressured over Monica Lewinsky and then bombed Iraq to distract attention from himself. I figure it was actions like these that created the climate for global terror but Wurm tends to neatly place all the blame at Bush's feet.
    It's an obsession and you find yourself wondering when does he cycle?
    His opponents keep telling him they probably won't vote for Bush regardless but Wurm just keeps on with his copyings and pastings. :D
    Hell, even Fred C got tired of it all. :confused:

8. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Contrary to your delusional thinking Carrera, I don't think "all global problems are the fault of Bush Junior". There is plenty of blame to go around in the Congress, the Pentagon, the Main Stream Media and to a large extent the People themselves. Not to mention the complicity of other nations such as your own with Mr Blair. I've said so on innumerable occasions.

Just to pull you back into reality.

I don't "ignore" Clinton's doings, but whatever he might have done is so far removed from the immediate concerns that they have no place being discussed in the same breath. To do so is only to try to distract from the current issues.

Now if you want to come at the OT again, but from a relevant and honest viewpoint, I'll listen.

9. roadhog

roadhog New Member

I of course believe this is all disingenuous backpedaling, and I don't trust the guy as far as I could throw him, and I hold much contempt for he and his friends over several issues, but to be fair here since we are throwing out quotes from past speeches, etc, here is apparently one from Nov 2005.

"Some critics continue to assert that we have no plan in Iraq except to stay the course," Bush said in November 2005.
    "If by stay the course, they mean we will not allow the terrorists to break our will, they are right. If by stay the course, they mean we will not permit al Qaeda to turn Iraq into what Afghanistan was under the Taliban -- a safe haven for terrorism and a launching pad for attacks on America -- they are right, as well," the president said. "If by stay the course, they mean that we're not learning from our experiences, or adjusting our tactics to meet the challenges on the ground, then they're flat wrong." (Washington-CNN)

Like I said, I still have little faith in the overall integrity issue here, but it's a little silly to argue about semantics here. Might as well keep the argument to the outright lies (not the ones able to be obscured in semantics) - which of course are readily available.

10. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

...any timetable on when hannity or limbaugh will brand lil' w another "cut and run" politician who is aiding and abetting the enemy?

11. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

The lies that were put forward by the Bush administration from February 2002 to March 2003, making the case for war continue to haunt them.

The unethical decision to invade Iraq in 2003 is being compounded now.
    Iraq has descended in to chaos.
    Countless lives have been lost - factional and sectarian warfare is rife - since

Unfortunately what may happen next, in my opinion, will ultimately determine the future of Iraq.
    If the Americans leave - Iraq will totally implode.
    If the Americans stay - Iraq will continue to fracture and could possibly implode later.
    Doomsday scenario.

James Baker - like him or loath him - is a shrewd operator.
    My bet is that Baker is attempting to put the gloss on an American withdrawal.

12. Carrera

Carrera New Member

What I'm saying is Bush is just part of the problem. The obsession over Iraq has been going on for decades and my personal view is it was the sanctions against this country that sparked the so-called global war on terror.
    What we had under Clinton was a situation whereby Iraqi children were wasting away in impoverished hospitals because the U.S. and U.K. Governments insisted the country be denied medicines and necessary supplies.
    What Bush tried to do was end sanctions via a decisive military operation.
    In both cases, the Iraqi people suffered huge loss of life, malnutrition, instabilty and, in some cases, torture.
    Sadly, the Islamic fanatics chose to hit back by targeting everyday Americans in New York as they figured it was tit for tat. It was equally twisted thinking.
    What can you conclude? Basically, to my mind, the hate and mistrust between Americans and Iraqis was caused by politicians and fanatics on both sides. Most Americans probably don't know or weren't shown the images of children wasting away in hospitals because Clinton and co wouldn't end the sanctions and bury the hatchet.
    Hate spreads hate and that's what we see today. I also think Bush has learned his lesson in part. I think he has had to do some hard thinking and is now in a real fix.

13. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Rubbish.

The war on terror was coined after September 11th 2001.
    The perpetrators of that attack were Saudi Arabian and were supported from Afghanistan.

Iraq had not involvement in September 11th 2001 attacks.

The sanctions imposed on Iraq were actually pushed through the UN during 1988-1992 US presidency.

It is true that these sanctions continued during the 1992-2000 US presidency.

The New York attacks happened at 11th September 2001.

The invasion of Iraq took place in March 2003.

There was no tit for tat as you put it.

There was a cosy relationship between both sides from 1979-1991.

14. BillM

BillM New Member

This:

BUSH: Well, hey, listen, we’ve never been “stay the course,” George. We have been — we will complete the mission, we will do our job, and help achieve the goal, but we’re constantly adjusting to tactics. Constantly.

Has always been the message. If you want to quote out of context then more power to you....it only makes you look stupid but don't let me stop you.

I am no Bush fan but facts are facts.

15. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

This is nothing more than Drive By Media. Two weeks before the elections and the DemocRATS are getting desparate about their voter turnout so they will do anything to supress Republican turnout. Get used to it. This is all you will read about until Nov 7, Wurms D-Day. :p

16. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

So what happened to "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"
    :D :D :D

17. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Dubya did use the phrase "stay the course" many times,publicly.Now it's "We've
    never been "stay the course"....and it's the Democrats fault?

What are you trying to say,choochoo? That the Dems are feeding him his lines or something? :D :D :D

18. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

...c'mon, steve, go easy on him. republicans like positions only so long as they suit their ends. like a commercial i saw while in chicago where the republican ad managed to blame north korea on (please, take a seat for your own safety) bill clinton. can't wait til they blame clinton for the crucifixion. or how they take the position that an invasion of one's privacy should only concern those who have committed crimes, otherwise you would have nothing to hide...kinda like rush limbaugh was so forthcoming with his medical records on his doctor shopping. i'm still laughing at lil w, the flip-flopper in chief.

19. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

The Democrats have nothing else. If you look four years ago in 2002, they thought a dead guy and his funeral was going to whisk them to office. That would be the Wellstone Memorial. Two years ago they thought a war hero from Vietnam dressed back up in his military duds was going to whisk them to power. The DumbocRATS also bought into fake service records trumped up by CBS and Dan Rather and that didnt work for them either[​IMG].Six years ago they thought a DUI story from George Bush's youth was going to whisk them to the White House -- and what today are they thinking? Mark Foley! Mark Foley! Mark Foley! If you take a look at what it is they use to make themselves feel all pumped up and positive and think they've got a chance, it's all of this stuff that has nothing to do with who they are. They are giving no one a reason to vote forthem, and in heated election periods, people vote issues and they want reasons to vote for someone. The Dems may just pull it off NOV 7but if the last 6 years is an indicator, I am guessing they have shot themselves in the foot, once again. :cool:

20. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

...at least you are being honest in this point. you do not care for truth, honour or morality. all you care for is power and keeping it. if you were truly intent on being caretakers of truth, honour or morality you would have been outraged over the hatchet job your party did on max cleland. all you have done is to point out that the dems do not do as good a job at distorting things for political gain as the republicans. pat yourself on the back the next time you folks get together and talk about how everybody else is walking this country to hell because of their sinfulness.