Fame at last! [warning: contains 5m*th]

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Mar 16, 2004.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Mr Safety's web forum contains a flame thread about me! I
    feel honoured that these people have wasted their few
    remaining neurons on me,

    <url:http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110>

    For those who read it, BTW, there is a comment along the
    lines of nobody suggests speeding as a solution for
    tiredness. For those with short memories, there is of course
    no prizes for guessing who it was prompted the original
    comment - <url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=jegdcvg-
    udi7aacclm8vkmejuvh1govrars%404ax.com>

    --
    Guy
    ===

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    Washington University

    Tags:

  2. On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:36:09 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know?
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Mr Safety's web forum contains a flame thread about me! I
    > feel honoured that these people have wasted their few
    > remaining neurons on me,
    >
    > <url:http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph-
    > p?t=110>

    Hmm, they don't like you do they. They even consider yu an
    accessory to over 1000 deaths a year! And that language.

    Colin
    --

  3. On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:46:34 -0000, in
    <[email protected]>, "Colin Blackburn"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hmm, they don't like you do they. They even consider yu an
    >accessory to over 1000 deaths a year! And that language.

    That's still 2500 less than them!

    --
    DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which
    appears in my inbox is mine to do what I like with. Anything

  4. McBain_v1

    McBain_v1 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004

    Fantastic stuff! Man I love it that a "holier-than-thou-cyclist" (as you were labelled) has managed to so comprehensively get up the noses of the "motorists-are-hard-done-by" crowd :D

    Few things give me more pleasure than sticking it to the pollution-pushers ;)

    If you drive when you have to that's okay, if you drive because you enjoy it then you're an ar$ewipe.

  5. Burt

    Burt Guest

    > Mr Safety's web forum contains a flame thread about me! I
    > feel honoured that these people have wasted their few
    > remaining neurons on me,
    >
    > <url:http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph-
    > p?t=110>
    >
    > For those who read it, BTW, there is a comment along the
    > lines of nobody suggests speeding as a solution for
    > tiredness. For those with short memories, there is of
    > course no prizes for guessing who it was prompted the
    > original comment -

    <url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=jegdcvgudi7aacclm-
    8vkmejuvh1govrars
    %404ax.com>

    > --
    > Guy
    > ===
    > May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle
    > after posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
    >
    > 88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    > Washington University

    Guy, I'm jealous, I wanna be listed by the
    speedophiles as well!

    To be honest, their responses had me in stitches, are you
    sure they have some neurons left? especially:

    "Aha. I checked the link and found out he's a cycle-nut. Not
    that I have a problem with cyclists per se but holier-than-
    thou cyclists, such as this one seems to be, are probably
    beyond reason. Maybe they get some sort of satisfaction in
    their attempts to restrict other people's freedom by means
    of misinformation and distortion. Still, among all that
    froth and bile there should be plenty of opportunites to
    shoot him down in flames."

    restricting other people's freedom! or obeying the law as
    it's called in my house.

    Well done Guy, and congratulations.

  6. >Hmm, they don't like you do they. They even consider yu an
    >accessory to over 1000 deaths a year! And that language.

    Well they are a pile of d*ckheads :)

    Cheers, helen s

    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
    correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune h*$el*$$e**-
    nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

  7. Spwwuk

    Spwwuk Guest

    What an inspiration the "Safe Speed Forum" is. I'm thinking
    of setting up a "Safe Use of Mobile Phones While Driving
    Forum" aimed, of course, at overturning that ridiculous law
    forbidding motorists from mobile use without the requisite
    handsfree kit. After all, driving can be such a monotonous
    experience surely we should be allowed to chat away on our
    phones whilst preferably speeding safely along. Surely this
    would help stave off bouts of boredom-induced sleep?

    in article [email protected],
    McBain_v1 at [email protected] wrote on
    17/3/04 10:16 am:

  8. spwwuk wrote:
    > After all, driving can be such a monotonous experience
    > surely we should be allowed to chat away on our phones
    > whilst preferably speeding safely along. Surely this would
    > help stave off bouts of boredom-induced sleep

    Thats why all cars should have LCD screens on the dashboard
    and DVD players so that whilst driving you won't get bored
    as you could be watching something riveting like 2 fast 2
    furious. I found this greatly improved my driving as I was
    finding it difficult to turn pages in my book whilst eating
    my toblerone and the interior lights are so dim its hard to
    read at night.

  9. Davep

    Davep Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    >Mr Safety's web forum contains a flame thread about me! I
    >feel honoured that these people have wasted their few
    >remaining neurons on me,
    >
    ><url:http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110>
    >
    >For those who read it, BTW, there is a comment along the
    >lines of nobody suggests speeding as a solution for
    >tiredness. For those with short memories, there is of
    >course no prizes for guessing who it was prompted the
    >original comment - <url:http://groups.google.com/groups?se-
    >lm=jegdcvgudi7aacclm8vkmejuvh1govrars%404ax.com>

    They don't like the "speedophile" tag do they. Yet in
    another thread I saw ... "mr_nice".... I have just got my
    first speeding ticket 89mph on a single carriagway where the
    speed limit is 60mph. Guilty as charged. "strangley".... Hi
    Mr Nice. You weren't in Warwickshire were you? I got done
    for the same; 89 in a 60. It went to court (no fixed penalty
    offer was made), and I plead guilty by post. "Only" 4
    points, but £400 fine"

    davep

  10. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "burt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > "Aha. I checked the link and found out he's a cycle-nut.

    The amazing thing to me is that the speedophiles seem to
    think that their car-only perspective is more "balanced"
    than that of those who cycle, walk, driver or use public
    transport according to the journey.

    --
    Guy
    ===
    posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    Washington University

  11. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > >Hmm, they don't like you do they. They even consider yu
    > >an accessory to over 1000 deaths a year! And that
    > >language.

    > That's still 2500 less than them!

    LOL! Now that I like - puts it nicely in perspective. How do
    I sleep at night? Simple: I ride a bike 20-odd miles home,
    leaving me pleasantly tired :)

    --
    Guy
    ===
    posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    Washington University

  12. Seamus

    Seamus New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2003
    I know I'm a bit stupid but how exactly does a speed camera kill anyone?

  13. On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:01:27 GMT, Seamus <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > I know I'm a bit stupid but how exactly does a speed
    > camera kill anyone?

    They (PS and pals) argue that there was a steady downward
    trend in deaths on the road. Then overnight the downward
    trend levelled out. The night the trend changed speed
    cameras were instantly installed all over the UK. Spped
    cameras are thus responsible for those deaths that would
    have been saved had they not appeared. This is an
    oversimplification of their argument but not much of one.

    Colin
    --

  14. McBain_v1

    McBain_v1 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Simple really, the blinding *FLASH* from the camera dazzles the speeding motorist, who then cannot see clearly and plows into the cyclist who was unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

    Motorist: "If that bloody speed camera hadn't have taken a picture of me as I breezed through the 40mph zone at 71mph, I wouldn't have been blinded and crashed my car yer honour"

    Judge: "You poor man, I too drive a car and have lots of sympathy with you. Have a mild fine of £400 and 6 points on your license and next time make sure you drive at night with some dark sun glasses on so you won't get dazzled. Bloody cyclists are all a menace anyway".

  15. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]...

    > They (PS and pals) argue that there was a steady downward
    > trend in deaths on the road. Then overnight the downward
    > trend levelled out. The night the trend changed speed
    > cameras were instantly installed all over the UK. Spped
    > cameras are thus responsible for those deaths that would
    > have been saved had they not appeared. This is an
    > oversimplification of their argument but not much of one.

    Indeed. It also depends on attributing the last recession to
    there not being speed cameras, and the recovery to the
    existence thereof.

    See also <url:http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.ns-
    f/Documents/One_In_Three>

    --
    Guy
    ===
    posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    Washington University

  16. Pete White

    Pete White Guest

    "Seamus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > wrote:
    > > ....but speed cameras cause 30% ( ie TEN TIMES MORE )
    > > of fatal accidents. How would you feel if one of your
    > > children were killed or seriously injured due to a
    > > speed camera. Would you change your tune then ? Hope
    > > you wise up soon, and stop campaigning against these
    > > vile devices
    > > - they're killing 1000 people a year, to date that's
    > > more people than died in 911. Speed camera advocates
    > > have killed more people than Osama Bin Ladin!!!!
    >

    > I know I'm a bit stupid but how exactly does a speed
    > camera kill anyone?
    >

    > --

    They jump out with a shotgun and shoot innocent
    motorists! ; )

    Pete W

  17. David Hansen

    David Hansen Guest

    On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:36:09 +0000 someone who may be "Just zis Guy,
    you know?" <[email protected]> wrote this:-

    ><url:http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110>
    >
    >For those who read it,

    I have not done so.

    Have they started the death threats yet. It is only when the
    death threats start that one knows one is having an impact.

    --
    David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number
    F566DA0E I will always explain revoked keys, unless the UK

  18. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:07:39 -0000, "Jon Senior"
    <[email protected]_REMOVE_lemon.co.uk> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >Not sure about killing but I'm not convinced that they help
    >on motorways. I have seen a number of occasions where a
    >speeding driver has braked hard and suddenly to avoid being
    >caught on camera.

    Just about the only cameras I have seen on motorways have
    been in the M25 VSL (which reduced accidents by 18%
    overnight when it was started) and in roadworks. In either
    case the problem is not the camera, it's the twunt who is
    more committed to driving fast and trying to evade the
    consequences, than to road safety.

    I have yet to see any evidence to indicate that the kind
    of driver who brakes sharply for cameras is anything
    other than a dangerous driver. Dangerous drivers cause
    crashes - not news.

    >And congratulations Guy, on being flamed for being a "cycle-
    >nut". That's like being flamed for being a nice person.

    Heh! :)

    --
    Guy
    ===
    posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    Washington University

  19. David Hansen

    David Hansen Guest

    On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:07:39 -0000 someone who may be "Jon Senior"
    <[email protected]_REMOVE_lemon.co.uk> wrote this:-

    >I have seen a number of occasions where a speeding driver
    >has braked hard and suddenly to avoid being caught on
    >camera. Couple this with the number of drivers that drive
    >too close to the vehicle in front and we have a high speed
    >accident waiting to happen.

    There is nothing accidental about such a crash. Instead of
    pandering to the person who is driving too fast and too
    closely (as you put it your later posting), it is better to
    deal with them as well. Better camera technology might well
    allow this.

    --
    David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number
    F566DA0E I will always explain revoked keys, unless the UK
    government prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.

  20. On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:07:39 -0000, in
    <[email protected]>, "Jon Senior"
    <[email protected]_REMOVE_lemon.co.uk> wrote:

    >> I know I'm a bit stupid but how exactly does a speed
    >> camera kill anyone?
    >
    >Not sure about killing but I'm not convinced that they help
    >on motorways. I have seen a number of occasions where a
    >speeding driver has braked hard and suddenly to avoid being
    >caught on camera. Couple this with the number of drivers
    >that drive too close to the vehicle in front and we have a
    >high speed accident waiting to happen. I would advocate a
    >number of changes to

    I disagree very strongly with the word "accident" here (as
    well as many other uses of the word). An accident is
    something unforseeable. Colliding with something that hasn't
    been given a sufficient braking distance is NOT an accident.