fancy cables or just good 'ol DA

johntp

Sep 3, 2003
I've just about finished my winter upgrade from DA 8 to DA 9. The bike was an e-bay purchase with a lot of old stuff on it including the cables. So...are the fancy-shmancy cables worth the extra $. I can get DA for $12-18 all day long. What's better but not insane for my serious, recreational riding?

A big pre-thanks for any responses.

Originally posted by johntp
I've just about finished my winter upgrade from DA 8 to DA 9. The bike was an e-bay purchase with a lot of old stuff on it including the cables. So...are the fancy-shmancy cables worth the extra $. I can get DA for $12-18 all day long. What's better but not insane for my serious, recreational riding?

DA works fine.So does do it yourself bulk casing/cables.

Originally posted by johntp

Keep repeating "I Will Not Succumb to Their Marketing Hype!"

I´m guessing you are referring to Nokon cables. The new DA cables beat them and many other cables in a big test in the german tour mag, January issue. So no need to fancy schmanzy unless you really want to :)