Fantastic development for Single Speed bikes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John Harlow, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    This is truly a revolutionary product. You can dynamically adjust your single speed ratio on the
    trail without tools. Actually, with care, you can change the ratio *while still riding the bike*!
    Many ratios are available, allowing you to fine tune your single speed's ratio to the current trail
    conditions.

    Here is a picture of this amazing development installed on a typical bicycle:
    http://www.phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/xo1/xo1-drivetrain.JPG

    Tags:

  2. John G

    John G Guest

    John Harlow wrote:
    > This is truly a revolutionary product. You can dynamically adjust your single speed ratio on the
    > trail without tools. Actually, with care, you can change the ratio *while still riding the bike*!
    > Many ratios are available, allowing you to fine tune your single speed's ratio to the current
    > trail conditions.
    >
    > Here is a picture of this amazing development installed on a typical bicycle:
    > http://www.phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/xo1/xo1-drivetrain.JPG

    Hook, line, and sinker, Dou!!!!!!

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This is truly a revolutionary product. You can dynamically adjust your single speed ratio on the
    > trail without tools. Actually, with care, you
    can
    > change the ratio *while still riding the bike*! Many ratios are
    available,
    > allowing you to fine tune your single speed's ratio to the current trail conditions.
    >
    > Here is a picture of this amazing development installed on a typical bicycle:
    > http://www.phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/xo1/xo1-drivetrain.JPG

    wish it was me!

    Mike - ROFLMAO!!!

  4. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > Hook, line, and sinker, Dou!!!!!!

    ~( :(])

  5. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > This is truly a revolutionary product. You can dynamically adjust your single speed ratio on the
    > trail without tools. Actually, with care, you can change the ratio *while still riding the bike*!
    > Many ratios are available, allowing you to fine tune your single speed's ratio to the current
    > trail conditions.
    >
    > Here is a picture of this amazing development installed on a typical bicycle:
    > http://www.phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/xo1/xo1-drivetrain.JPG

    An old Bridgestone with fenders, rack, couplings... I'll bet you're using thumbshifters too. Sir,
    congratulations on having the most stylish bike I've seen today. I give it three of four handlebar
    moustaches (it lost one moustache for not having horizontal dropouts). Good show!

    /s

  6. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > This is truly a revolutionary product. You can dynamically adjust your single speed ratio on the
    > trail without tools. Actually, with care, you can change the ratio *while still riding the bike*!
    > Many ratios are available, allowing you to fine tune your single speed's ratio to the current
    > trail conditions.
    >
    > Here is a picture of this amazing development installed on a typical bicycle:
    > http://www.phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/xo1/xo1-drivetrain.JPG

    I saw that coming a mile away with my eyes closed. But pray tell, that looked like a Bridgestone, eh
    what? Perfect candidate for a singlespeed conversion.

    Paladin

  7. supabonbon <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > change the ratio *while still riding the bike*! Many ratios are available, allowing you to fine
    > > tune your single speed's ratio to the current trail conditions. Here is a picture of this
    > > amazing development installed on a typical bicycle:
    > > http://www.phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/xo1/xo1-drivetrain.JPG

    > An old Bridgestone with fenders, rack, couplings... I'll bet you're using thumbshifters too. Sir,
    > congratulations on having the most stylish bike I've seen today. I give it three of four handlebar
    > moustaches (it lost one moustache for not having horizontal dropouts). Good show!

    That's not Harlow's bike, it belongs to Alex Wetmore (to be found on r.b.t). It's also a half-assed
    example. You want fine tuning of your single speed gear ratio, look here:

    http://phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/chaincase/reduced/0418_006.jpg

    Say goodbye to messy chain cleaning:

    http://phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/chaincase/reduced/0418_001.jpg

    Full bike at:

    http://phred.org/~alex/bikes/trek400.html

    Ben has an MB-2 with thumb shifters - and under the chainstay rollercam brakes

  8. Paladin wrote:
    > "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>This is truly a revolutionary product. You can dynamically adjust your single speed ratio on the
    >>trail without tools. Actually, with care, you can change the ratio *while still riding the bike*!
    >>Many ratios are available, allowing you to fine tune your single speed's ratio to the current
    >>trail conditions.
    >>
    >>Here is a picture of this amazing development installed on a typical bicycle:
    >>http://www.phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/xo1/xo1-drivetrain.JPG
    >

    > I saw that coming a mile away with my eyes closed. But pray tell, that looked like a Bridgestone,
    > eh what? Perfect candidate for a singlespeed conversion.
    >
    > Paladin

    With S&S couplings, do less.

    Jon Bond

  9. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > supabonbon <[email protected]eudoramail.com> wrote:
    > > "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > > change the ratio *while still riding the bike*! Many ratios are available, allowing you to
    > > > fine tune your single speed's ratio to the current trail conditions. Here is a picture of this
    > > > amazing development installed on a typical bicycle:
    > > > http://www.phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/xo1/xo1-drivetrain.JPG
    >
    > > An old Bridgestone with fenders, rack, couplings... I'll bet you're using thumbshifters too.
    > > Sir, congratulations on having the most stylish bike I've seen today. I give it three of four
    > > handlebar moustaches (it lost one moustache for not having horizontal dropouts). Good show!
    >
    > That's not Harlow's bike, it belongs to Alex Wetmore (to be found on r.b.t). It's also a
    > half-assed example. You want fine tuning of your single speed gear ratio, look here:
    >
    > http://phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/chaincase/reduced/0418_006.jpg
    >
    > Say goodbye to messy chain cleaning:
    >
    > http://phred.org/~alex/pictures/bikes/chaincase/reduced/0418_001.jpg
    >
    > Full bike at:
    >
    > http://phred.org/~alex/bikes/trek400.html
    >
    > Ben has an MB-2 with thumb shifters - and under the chainstay rollercam brakes

    DANG! For a moment I thought that clip for the chainguard was some sort of tensioning gizmo for
    horizontal drops! /s