Fantastic feat - until the last line!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Tags:

  2. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:28:00 +0100, "Simon Mason"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In today's local rag's Flashback feature:
    >
    >http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zball.htm

    Those bikes look ancient too. Are those Mafac cantis on Hubert
    Ferguson's bike? And Pete Rogers' bike has suicide levers, short
    "racing" mudguards, possibly ancient Weinman sidepulls, and what looks
    like the original handlebar tape.

    --
    Dave...

    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:28:00 +0100, "Simon Mason"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >In today's local rag's Flashback feature:
    > >
    > >http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zball.htm

    > Those bikes look ancient too. Are those Mafac cantis on Hubert
    > Ferguson's bike? And Pete Rogers' bike has suicide levers, short
    > "racing" mudguards, possibly ancient Weinman sidepulls, and what looks
    > like the original handlebar tape.

    Well, they only had to cycle around a few football grounds, so the bikes
    and the suit jacket won't be much of a factor.

    --
    Simon M.

  4. Robert Bruce

    Robert Bruce Guest

    mae <[email protected]> wedi ysgrifennu:

    > they only had to cycle around a few football grounds

    Do you think the sponsorship forms said something like "We plan to cycle
    around all of the football league grounds in England and Wales."? Nicely
    ambiguous!

    --
    Rob

    Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute
    and benefit.