Fantasy Vuelta a España

Ironfist

Aug 22, 2005
Hi everyone

If you are interested I have created a fantasy Vuelta a España competition at http://www.nrtoone.com/fantasy/cycling/

This is really a practice run before next year when I will be running competitions for all 3 Grand Tours so I'd like as many people as posible to try it out. :)

You have to create a team of nine riders within a budget of 50 points, where each rider costs from between 1 to 17 points. I have used the latest team information from the official Vuelta site.

Have fun!

Ironfist said:
Hi everyone

If you are interested I have created a fantasy Vuelta a España competition at http://www.nrtoone.com/fantasy/cycling/

This is really a practice run before next year when I will be running competitions for all 3 Grand Tours so I'd like as many people as posible to try it out. :)

You have to create a team of nine riders within a budget of 50 points, where each rider costs from between 1 to 17 points. I have used the latest team information from the official Vuelta site.

Have fun!
Nice one.Ive entered the free league as i think id make a terrible DS :)

Hey , are you sure your points cost per rider is correct? Heras costs 2 points but Botero is 13? Pettachi is 17.Then theres alot of good guys on 2 points aswell.

Roadrash Dunc said:
Nice one.Ive entered the free league as i think id make a terrible DS :)

Hey , are you sure your points cost per rider is correct? Heras costs 2 points but Botero is 13? Pettachi is 17.Then theres alot of good guys on 2 points aswell.
The points were calculated from last years UCI points and this years Pro Tour points so far achieved. I thought about changing Heras as he sticks out like a sore thumb, but then I thought that once I start "tweaking" I'll never stop and I really did need to get the thing up and running today.

Ironfist said:
The points were calculated from last years UCI points and this years Pro Tour points so far achieved. I thought about changing Heras as he sticks out like a sore thumb, but then I thought that once I start "tweaking" I'll never stop and I really did need to get the thing up and running today.

Ah ok , as long as theres a method to the madness thats fine by me!
Look like some cheap deals in there :D
Going to have a gander now , knowing when to play the joker will be the crux! We can change the joker after the race has started or are all picks and jokers final the moment the race starts?

Roadrash Dunc said:
Going to have a gander now , knowing when to play the joker will be the crux! We can change the joker after the race has started or are all picks and jokers final the moment the race starts?
Yes, you can change the joker picks during the race, unless of course the stage the rider was picked for has already started. ;)

Ironfist said:
Yes, you can change the joker picks during the race, unless of course the stage the rider was picked for has already started. ;)
Ok sounds good.Well ive got my preliminary team ready , i should have called it the Spanish Armada! (although there is a German! - Zabel)

Roadrash Dunc said:
Ok sounds good.Well ive got my preliminary team ready , i should have called it the Spanish Armada! (although there is a German! - Zabel)
hehe

I have now completed the "edit team" page so you can change your mind as far as the selected riders are concerned but you are unable to change your team name (hmm, maybe I should allow that from the edit team page?). Also you can now specify your bonus stages for each rider picked.

30 Teams so far entered :D .

Ironfist said:
hehe

I have now completed the "edit team" page so you can change your mind as far as the selected riders are concerned but you are unable to change your team name (hmm, maybe I should allow that from the edit team page?). Also you can now specify your bonus stages for each rider picked.

30 Teams so far entered :D .
Let us change our team names until the hour befoer the race starts , same as rider picks? Although thats not important really.

Roadrash Dunc said:
Let us change our team names until the hour befoer the race starts , same as rider picks? Although thats not important really.
OK, I'll make that change to the edit team page later today, got some real work to do first though :rolleyes:

(88 teams now signed up)

Bollox! I wasted 13 pts on a guy , Freire , who didnt even start the tour? Can we sub a rider if they didnt start Ironfist?
Not asking to sub 'em if they fall out mid race , but you had Oscar down to start for rabobank and he hasnt!
I could have checked but im sure he was on the Vuelta official webpage a few days ago under the rabobank 9.
Any thoughts? Thanks.

Roadrash Dunc said:
Bollox! I wasted 13 pts on a guy , Freire , who didnt even start the tour? Can we sub a rider if they didnt start Ironfist?
Not asking to sub 'em if they fall out mid race , but you had Oscar down to start for rabobank and he hasnt!
I could have checked but im sure he was on the Vuelta official webpage a few days ago under the rabobank 9.
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Any rider that didn't start will simply be replaced by the rider that replaced him in the team line-up. That way at least every (fantasy) team will start with 9 riders.

I'll do that tomorrow when I have a little more time.

Ironfist said:
Any rider that didn't start will simply be replaced by the rider that replaced him in the team line-up. That way at least every (fantasy) team will start with 9 riders.

I'll do that tomorrow when I have a little more time.
Ok that suits me Ironfist.As long as i start with 9!You have a big job on your hands here unless you have some fancy computer programme to help you.

Roadrash Dunc said:
Ok that suits me Ironfist.As long as i start with 9!You have a big job on your hands here unless you have some fancy computer programme to help you.
No, it's quite a small job actually, I just change the name in the rider table for each non-starter and everyone who picked him gets the new rider automatically :)