FAO Guy

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jo Hardman, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Jo Hardman

    Jo Hardman Guest

    I have taken another step towards conversion to the Dark Side - Yesterday I booked a tuition/hire
    day with Darth Ian at Future cycles. It's a bit of a trek as I live in Leicester, so I am taking
    some annual leave and combining it with a bit of a cycle round the Ashdown Forest. The next step
    will be delayed for financial reasons, but I will get there in the end! Jo

    Tags:

  2. John B

    John B Guest

    Jo Hardman wrote:

    > I have taken another step towards conversion to the Dark Side - Yesterday I booked a tuition/hire
    > day with Darth Ian at Future cycles. It's a bit of a trek as I live in Leicester, so I am taking
    > some annual leave and combining it with a bit of a cycle round the Ashdown Forest. The next step
    > will be delayed for financial reasons, but I will get there in the end! Jo

    Good luck. Let us know what you choose[1]

    Meanwhile, while you are saving up or selling the kids, you can cultivate the recumbent grin ;-)

    [1] three wheels rock.

    John B

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 08:03:29 +0100, "Jo Hardman" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have taken another step towards conversion to the Dark Side - Yesterday I booked a tuition/hire
    >day with Darth Ian at Future cycles.

    Hurrah! He's a nice chap. Take it steady and prepare to have an enormous amount of fun :)

    >It's a bit of a trek as I live in Leicester

    If you get a copy of Velovision you may find a bentmonger closer to home, but I actually rather like
    Ian so won't try to tempt you away from his firm. Say hi for me and do let me know what you think.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  4. On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 08:03:29 +0100, "Jo Hardman" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have taken another step towards conversion to the Dark Side - Yesterday I booked a tuition/hire
    >day with Darth Ian at Future cycles. It's a bit of a trek as I live in Leicester, so I am taking
    >some annual leave and combining it with a bit of a cycle round the Ashdown Forest. The next step
    >will be delayed for financial reasons, but I will get there in the end!

    Groovy. :)

    With any luck, I should pick up my USS Optima Orca from there in a couple of weeks time. It's been a
    long 3 months since I ordered it and this weekend was perfect weather. Oh well.

    --
    DG

    Bah!

  5. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Welcome to the DS

    news:[email protected]...

  6. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    > If you get a copy of Velovision you may find a bentmonger closer to home, but I actually rather
    > like Ian so won't try to tempt you away from his firm. Say hi for me and do let me know what
    > you think.

    According to the ad we're still running in the BHPC Newsletter:

    Hockerton Housing Project Trading Ltd., The Watershed, Gables Drive, Hockerton, Notts, NG25 OQU Tel:
    01636 816902 Fax: 01636 816902 e-mail: [email protected]

    Hire/Demos/Sales of Flevo Bike, Ross, Anthrotech, Brox plus any others we obtain in the meantime!
    Also, Site Tours (on foot) of the infamous Hockerton Housing Project- earth sheltered, zero heating,
    zero CO2 autonomous housing (as seen on or in every conceivable form of news media in the known
    Universe!). Full details from Nick Martin at the above address.

    Also DTek, Main Street, Little Thetford, Ely CB6 1BR Tel: 01353 648 577 E-mail:
    [email protected]

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  7. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
    <[email protected]> writes
    >On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 08:03:29 +0100, "Jo Hardman" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I have taken another step towards conversion to the Dark Side - Yesterday I booked a tuition/hire
    >>day with Darth Ian at Future cycles.
    >
    >>It's a bit of a trek as I live in Leicester
    >
    >If you get a copy of Velovision you may find a bentmonger closer to home,

    There is West Country Recumbents-now in Yorkshire over near Hull.............

    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  8. Carol Hague

    Carol Hague Guest

    chris French <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
    > <[email protected]> writes
    > >On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 08:03:29 +0100, "Jo Hardman" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I have taken another step towards conversion to the Dark Side - Yesterday I booked a
    > >>tuition/hire day with Darth Ian at Future cycles.
    > >
    > >>It's a bit of a trek as I live in Leicester
    > >
    > >If you get a copy of Velovision you may find a bentmonger closer to home,
    >
    > There is West Country Recumbents-now in Yorkshire over near Hull.............

    We only do trikes though - Jo may not want to go *that* far into the Dark Side. :)

    And I'm sorry Guy, but I'm not gonna call myself Darth Carol. Mind you, Rob already calls me Daft,
    is that close enough?

    --
    Carol Hague Westcountry Recumbents http://www.wrhpv.com Feet first on three wheels.