FAO whoever was pondering silver mudguards on a yellow bike: pics.

Velvet

Guest
Can't find the original thread now where I was going to post
links to pics.

http://www.velvetpurrs.com/pics/bike-1.jpg (complete
frame/wheels/assorted junk) http://www.velvetpurrs.com/pics/bike-
2.jpg (rear guard/frame) http://www.velvetpurrs.com/pics/bike-
3.jpg (front guard/frame)

Hope that's of some use to the OP. I think it helps that the
silver mudguards pick out the silver on the frame, but not
only that, many of the components seem to come in brushed
silver colour, so it's not just the mudguards that are
silver. Stuff like the brake assemblies, deraillieur
hanger?, qr levers, rims, etc - all silver.

Oh, and in case anyone's giong to ask, that rear rack is a
tubus fly, 3 point mount, very light but rigid enough for
shopping-filled reasonable sized panniers (not the biggest
you can get) and said altura panniers don't flop into the
spokes (very stiff back to them).#

And yes, I know if I had less gubbins on the bike it'd be
faster, but not a lot, given my wet-string-for-muscles legs
;-) I'm looking forward (should I ever get to a suitable
level of ability/fitness) to stripping off most of those
bits down to the bare essentials and seeing how much faster
it'll go in an audax or something...

Velvet

>Can't find the original thread now where I was going to
>post links to pics.

Nic bike.

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
is switched off--

Velvet wrote:

<snip>
> And yes, I know if I had less gubbins on the bike it'd be
> faster, but not a lot, given my wet-string-for-muscles
> legs ;-) I'm looking forward (should I ever get to a
> suitable level of ability/fitness) to stripping off most
> of those bits down to the bare essentials and seeing how
> much faster it'll go in an audax or something...

I'm impressed with the amount of stuff you've got bolted to
that! If you want to go faster, I recommend getting another
bike. There can't possibly be enough hours in the week to
take all that lot off AND put it back on again :)

Cheers!

Pete

Ningi wrote:

> Velvet wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> And yes, I know if I had less gubbins on the bike it'd be
>> faster, but not a lot, given my wet-string-for-muscles
>> legs ;-) I'm looking forward (should I ever get to a
>> suitable level of ability/fitness) to stripping off most
>> of those bits down to the bare essentials and seeing how
>> much faster it'll go in an audax or something...
>>

> I'm impressed with the amount of stuff you've got bolted
> to that! If you want to go faster, I recommend getting
> another bike. There can't possibly be enough hours in the
> week to take all that lot off AND put it back on again :)
>
> Cheers!
>
> Pete

Heh :) I seem to be naturally skilled at working out how
best to fit as much stuff into a given space (or onto a
given thing) as possible. Works against me when it comes to
self-powered things though!

Can't afford another bike, but it'd not take much time to
strip a lot of that off to enter something like an audax,
specially since I put it all on ;-) Most of the stuff that
contributes to the weight is easily got rid of - probably
the only timeconsuming thing would be the rear rack, but if
I take off the lock, front light units & battery, and empty
the water bottle, it's not really noticeably heavier than
before most of the gubbins was fitted. Honest :)

Velvet