Farcility of the month April 2007

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote on 02/04/2007 12:02 +0100:
> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com>typed
>

>> http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/facility-of-the-month/

> I keep getting the March farcility.
>
> How did you get the April one?

Worked for me. Must be your browser using its cache. Try refreshing
the page.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com>typed

> "Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com>typed
> >

> >> http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/facility-of-the-month/

> > I keep getting the March farcility.
> >
> > How did you get the April one?
> >
> > --
> > Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
> > Edgware.

> Dunno. Above link worked again for me. Try this alternative

> http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk:80/facility-of-the-month/

Nope, I STILL get the March farcility. I've clicked on 'refresh', I've
clicked on the forward arrow, I can go back to February, but can't
advance beyond March.

I've been trying since last night buggrit!

--

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> Nope, I STILL get the March farcility. I've clicked on 'refresh', I've
> clicked on the forward arrow, I can go back to February, but can't
> advance beyond March.

Try holding down shift (or ctrl depending on browser IIRC) while clicking
refresh?

Anthony

Helen Deborah Vecht said the following on 02/04/2007 12:27:

> Nope, I STILL get the March farcility. I've clicked on 'refresh', I've
> clicked on the forward arrow, I can go back to February, but can't
> advance beyond March.

Try refreshing by using Ctrl-F5 rather than just F5 on it's own
(assuming you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox)

This forces a complete reload rather than just the bits your browser
thinks has changed.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

M-gineering wrote on 02/04/2007 12:14 +0100:
> wafflycat wrote:
>> http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/facility-of-the-month/
>>

> It's catching, here's one from the USA:
> http://www.oklahomabicyclesociety.com/Scrapbook/image_25.html

That was very carefully designed after lots of observation and research
so that the bike path exactly followed the natural wobble of
inexperienced cyclists. The trouble is the average joe never
appreciates the subtlety and design effort that went into it ;-)

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

Paul Boyd twisted the electrons to say:
> Try refreshing by using Ctrl-F5 rather than just F5 on it's own
> (assuming you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox)

> This forces a complete reload rather than just the bits your browser
> thinks has changed.

Does that get around the bug in IE whereby if it doesn't know about a
caching proxy server, it assumes there isn't one and won't therefore send
the proper headers on a refresh request? Thus meaning you keep getting
stale content from said proxy server ...

Alistair Gunn said the following on 02/04/2007 13:19:

> Does that get around the bug in IE whereby if it doesn't know about a
> caching proxy server, it assumes there isn't one and won't therefore send
> the proper headers on a refresh request? Thus meaning you keep getting
> stale content from said proxy server ...

Er, no idea :)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I eventually got it by clicking on the 'facility of the month' button on
> the webpage.
>
> The picture looks familiar; didn't someone post a link to it on this
> newsgroup? Do I recall the cycletrack dumps the rider into a ditch?

That would have been me! I didn't take the picture though so I didn't
submit it to Facility of the Month.
--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting

>The picture looks familiar; didn't someone post a link to it on this
>newsgroup? Do I recall the cycletrack dumps the rider into a ditch?

It looks as if the track stops at a little monument marking the
Greenwich Meridian. The sign says Fens Cycle Tourism.

So the track's perfectly designed for the Fens Cycle Tourist to ride up
to the little monument, lean their bike against a bollard while they
look at it, then go back the way they came.

And your problem is?

--
Sue ]8:))

Why aren't we advocating regular retests for motorists?
It's obvious a lot of them would fail and that'd solve the road congestion problem too.

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:51:27 +0100, Tony Raven
<[email protected]> wrote:

>M-gineering wrote on 02/04/2007 12:14 +0100:
>> wafflycat wrote:
>>> http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/facility-of-the-month/
>>>

>> It's catching, here's one from the USA:
>> http://www.oklahomabicyclesociety.com/Scrapbook/image_25.html
>>

>That was very carefully designed after lots of observation and research
>so that the bike path exactly followed the natural wobble of
>inexperienced cyclists. The trouble is the average joe never
>appreciates the subtlety and design effort that went into it ;-)

I was reminded of the serpentine walls at "Mr. Jefferson's University"
(aka University of Virginia, USA); the walls are allegedly laid out so
that the drunken student thinks there's a straight wall on his way
back to his room. ;)

Pat

Email address works as is.