Fargo street Hill Climb...on a UNICYCLE!

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by unigeezer, Oct 6, 2009.

1. unigeezer

unigeezer Member

Hi all,

I'm new here and thought this particular forum would be the best for posting my video.

This was THE MOST challenging, gut-busting thing I've ever attempted on a unicycle; And I've done some pretty challenging stuff on one wheel...at least for being 53, lol! When I first saw this hill, I was in denial that it could actually be REAL, and gives the word "intimidating" a whole new meaning!

This is Famous Fargo street in Los Angeles, and is one of the steepest hills in the entire US, at a 33% grade! Many people can't even *walk* up this monster hill, let alone ride up it on ONE WHEEL! No gears like bikes so it's all the more insanely difficult on a Uni.

I may the oldest person (maybe only) ever to have made it to the top of this hill on a Unicycle! Btw, no video or picture can really do justice to how incredibly steep it is!

I'll never again complain about 15-20% climbs again! :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tooFepDbZMY"]YouTube - Fargo Hill climb Challenge...on a UNICYCLE![/ame]

UniGeezer.com
    "Dream it, Live it, Love it!" I'm featured in this book!
    Over 50, and not "2" tired!

Tags:

2. grahamspringett

grahamspringett New Member

Awesome!!! Well done! I can't even ride on the flat on a unicycle, let alone up a 33% grade. As for climbing it on two wheels, I shudder to think...

3. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

awesome job mate!

4. unigeezer

unigeezer Member

Thanks. Yeah it's a pretty tough climb on one or two wheels! (Hmm, who made this a "Sticky"? I didn't) :)

Thanks so much! (My legs feel it after two weeks, lol!) :p

5. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Cool deal...
    ... but why the 'sticky'

Steve, if I ride up that dressed as a koala with two can's of Fosters taped to my head with the bogan straws allowing me to sip the slightly tasty beverage, could I have a sticky thread too? :p

6. JVattack

JVattack New Member

A. I think it's the sound track.

B. With "Waltzing Matilda" in the background, right? Heavily adulterated Aussie pride, hahaha. I hope this shows up on youtube...

7. James83

James83 New Member

This makes me laugh and smile! Good job!!!

8. unigeezer

unigeezer Member

Thanks. Laughing is so much better than crying...unless it's from laughing so hard that you cry! :p