Farthest ride?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by aeon16, Aug 7, 2003.

1. aeon16

aeon16 New Member

So! What is the farthest ride in a day that people here have ever done?

What would be a good long-distance training, well, distance? :)

Tags:

2. 2LAP

2LAP New Member

I've done a 208 km ride which is currently my longest. Prior to that I could only do 1.5 hour training sessions so I concentrated on raising my aerobic capacity. After the ride I started road racing and so the focus of my training changed quite a bit.

3. ric_stern/RST

ric_stern/RST New Member

My longest ride was 360 km, in a 12-hr TT. A whole weeks training in one day :)

A good training distance is one that is suitable for your goals. Rides don't necessarily have to be very long for racing.

Ric

4. maarten

maarten New Member

My longest in distance is 185k, was 17 years old then 32 average.
    Might be doing the 200K TTT in november although I am not sure, Its long but my mates want me in :)

5. DanBB

DanBB New Member

My current furthest ride in a day was 190 miles, i achieved this on a mountain bike set up for road, although it did have a heavy front suspension fork. I hope to break 200 miles in august, my bike has had some good upgrades since the last (lightweight rigid forks, 11-21 dura ace cassette and a few other bits) and im feeling a lot fitter so im confident i can achieve this. I do these ride solo so there no drafting involved. As many others have said though you don't need to ride that far for training, just push yourself harder over shorter distances. I only do the long rides now and again, more for the sense of achievement than fitness beneficial. Happy riding mate!!!

6. TheDude

TheDude New Member

My longest ride - 112 miles. It wasn't the ride that hurt, it was the marathon afterwards. The Ironman triathlon is brutal.

7. mtb4x4mad

mtb4x4mad New Member

My longest ride was 246 km's on an steel mtb with slicks. It took 14 hrs with 8 hrs in darkness.
    Also, the ride was completely solo.
    I hope to break the 320 km barrier in 24 hrs later on this year - maybe on a lighter bike with a far more experienced rider.