Fascism:

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
"I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers down
the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism."

[P D James, in the "Paris Review",
(1995); quoted in the "Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations"
(1996)]

Right on Brother James, right on.

Shaun aRe

news:[email protected]...

****.

> Shaun Rimmer <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > "I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers
> > down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism."
> >
> > [P D James, in the "Paris Review",
> > (1995); quoted in the "Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations"
> > (2000)]
> >
> > Right on Brother James, right on.
> >

> > Shaun aRe

elephant's
> ****.

Something a little more appropriate for the ng:

"Throw your body, then bring your bike with you."
- JJ Gregorowicz (infamous trials master)

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

> > "I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers
> > down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism."
> >
> > [P D James, in the "Paris Review",
> > (1995); quoted in the "Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations"
> > (2000)]
> >
> > Right on Brother James, right on.
> >

> > Shaun aRe

elephant's
> ****.

Amen to that, on both accounts.

Small Black Dog

> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Do you have to pay them? Do they use pointy shoes?

Kent

"Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
> >
> Do you have to pay them? Do they use pointy shoes?
>
> Kent

I have said it before and I will say it again, anyone who deserves a good hard ass kicking, will
receive one gratis.

Size 35 Sidi's, cleats and all...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:49:10 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers
>down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism."
>
>[P D James, in the "Paris Review",
>(1995); quoted in the "Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations"
>(2000)]
>
>Right on Brother James, right on.
>

>Shaun aRe

True, Bill

:-]

Kent wrote:
>>Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
>>

> Do you have to pay them? Do they use pointy shoes?
>
> Kent

Are you authoritative with your kick?

Jon Bond

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Kent says:

> > >Do you have to pay them? Do they use pointy shoes?
> > >

> > Ask Scottie - he'll know for sure!
> >

> Just can't get the young lad off your mind, eh?

Steve has some odd obsessions. Don't ask, I'm sure he'll whip 'em out.

;-)

--
Cameron

> "I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers
> down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism."
>
> [P D James, in the "Paris Review",
> (1995); quoted in the "Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations"
> (2000)]
>
> Right on Brother James, right on.
>

> Shaun aRe

Yeah, I'm sure we've all heard or seen PC madness, although IMHO it's more often used by the
political Right as a big stick in an attempt to beat up on

your authors correct?

http://www.twbookmark.com/authors/8/899/

Ian

Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers wrote:

> Yeah, I'm sure we've all heard or seen PC madness, although IMHO it's more often used by the
> political Right as a big stick in an attempt to beat up on progressive idea(l)s and good causes.

Brownie points for guessing who said: "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for
lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

> your authors correct?

Heh, hadn't picked up on that.

> Brownie points for guessing who said: "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
> leaders... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers
> for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Matt Hoffman? Hans Rey? Ned Overend?

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Brownie points for guessing who said: "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
> > leaders... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers
> > for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
>
> Matt Hoffman? Hans Rey? Ned Overend?

Naw, I think it was good ol' Adolph hisself.

I don't think MTBers think that hard, and roadies NEVER think that hard.

Now DHers - there's a bunch o' intellectuals!

Spider

Bill Wheeler, the non-fascist linguistic minimalist said:

> True, Bill

Heheheh - cheers Bill, very eloquent ',;~}

Shaun aRe

Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > > "I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends
> > > shivers down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism."
> > >
> > > [P D James, in the "Paris Review",
> > > (1995); quoted in the "Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations"
> > > (2000)]
> > >
> > > Right on Brother James, right on.
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe
> >

> elephant's
> > ****.
>
> Amen to that, on both accounts.
>
> Small Black Dog

"Do I hear an 'amen'?"

"Aaaaamen!!!"

Cheers ',;~}

Shaun aRe

Ian Rogers <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > "I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers
> > down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism."
> >
> > [P D James, in the "Paris Review",
> > (1995); quoted in the "Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations"
> > (2000)]
> >
> > Right on Brother James, right on.
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Yeah, I'm sure we've all heard or seen PC madness, although IMHO it's more often used by the
> political Right as a big stick in an attempt to beat up
on

> your authors correct?
>
> http://www.twbookmark.com/authors/8/899/
>
> Ian
>
> Ian Rogers

Thanks Ian (oops!), sorry Ms. James!

Right on sister James!

',;~}

Shaun aRe - chicks'r cool!

> Ian Rogers <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >

> > > "I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends
> > > shivers down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism."
> > >
> > > [P D James, in the "Paris Review",
> > > (1995); quoted in the "Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations"
> > > (2000)]
> > >
> > > Right on Brother James, right on.
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe
> > >

> > Yeah, I'm sure we've all heard or seen PC madness, although IMHO it's
more
> > often used by the political Right as a big stick in an attempt to beat
up
> on

of
> > your authors correct?
> >
> > http://www.twbookmark.com/authors/8/899/
> >
> > Ian
> >
> > Ian Rogers
>
> Thanks Ian (oops!), sorry Ms. James!
>
> Right on sister James!
>
> ',;~}
>

> Shaun aRe - chicks'r cool!

Glad to set the record straight Shaun. BTW, P. D. James, while she is one of the UK's great
novelists working in the genre of crime fiction, is right wing establishment through and through.
She worked for many years as a government civil servant and is a member of the House of Lords, with
the title Baroness.

Ian

Ian Rogers