Fassa Bortolo : the end

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Cyclingnews reports that FB are finished as team in the pro peloton.

Petacchi has already signed with Domina Vicanze for Euro 3m.

Sad to see a team implode but given the Frigo revelations, it's not surprsing that
Ferretti couldn't attract another sponsor.

limerickman said:
Cyclingnews reports that FB are finished as team in the pro peloton.

Petacchi has already signed with Domina Vicanze for Euro 3m.

Sad to see a team implode but given the Frigo revelations, it's not surprsing that
Ferretti couldn't attract another sponsor.

Plus, Fassa Bortolo really only worked around Alessandro Petacchi, so a much of good sprinter boys. It was not a all-round cyclist team. :D

mareblu said:
Plus, Fassa Bortolo really only worked around Alessandro Petacchi, so a much of good sprinter boys. It was not a all-round cyclist team. :D

I don't know about that.

Fassa has been a great part of the peleton for the past few years. They often get guys in breaks - and yes, the Petacchi train has been a pleasure to watch. I will miss them.

I was a great fan of Domina Vacanze/Acqua Sapone during the Cipollini/Zebra era. Perhaps this will be the renaissance of that team. Maybe they will even bring back the zebra stripes.

renoster said:
I don't know about that.

Fassa has been a great part of the peleton for the past few years. They often get guys in breaks - and yes, the Petacchi train has been a pleasure to watch. I will miss them.

I was a great fan of Domina Vacanze/Acqua Sapone during the Cipollini/Zebra era. Perhaps this will be the renaissance of that team. Maybe they will even bring back the zebra stripes.

Agreed. They didn't have a GC man for the grand tours (how many teams really do), but Flecha and Cancellara gave them options other than sprinting. Winning Milan-San Remo (a very big race in Italy) and third in Roubaix is very respectable.