fast commuter- paniers on carbon

Ah, thats better, you had us worried there for a bit. :eek:

I suggest you keep the CRX4 for the windy and rainy days, fit a pair of 23mm Conti Ultra Gator Skins, maybe a pair of SKS mudguards and a rack and it will do the transport job very well when you don't want to get the Carbon bike all grotty. Also I find better control in cross winds with flat bars.

If you see Bob or Phil at Runners World, West Perth, they have Conti Tyres at a good price and a new model rack that hooks nicely inside the V-brake, I have bought and fitted two of these in recent weeks. (print and take this with you)

Good hunting for the new bike.... :)

yogie said:
Thanks for all the input. I've decided to get a composite and ride it to work without a bag or a small backpack (ie no paniers). With enough planning you can bring the stuff you need by car for work for the next few days and then commute by bike the following days, and have recovery days in between. It is much more aero-dynamic without paniers (however less convenient) and in Perth with the Fremantle Doctor wind aero-dynamics can be a big factor on certain days.

... who said getting more than 1 bike is illegal- aren't adults allowed to have toys?

:D Good on you! Just get the bike you want, and enjoy riding.

For me ... my body forms the least aerodynamic component, but its taking a bit of time to change that.

gclark8 said:
Ah, thats better, you had us worried there for a bit. :eek:

I suggest you keep the CRX4 for the windy and rainy days, fit a pair of 23mm Conti Ultra Gator Skins, maybe a pair of SKS mudguards and a rack and it will do the transport job very well when you don't want to get the Carbon bike all grotty. Also I find better control in cross winds with flat bars.

If you see Bob or Phil at Runners World, West Perth, they have Conti Tyres at a good price and a new model rack that hooks nicely inside the V-brake, I have bought and fitted two of these in recent weeks. (print and take this with you)

Good hunting for the new bike.... :)

Thanks gclark. A bit ironic because Phil was the salesman who originally suggested the panniers on he alloy seat post. Nonetheless, the service is really good there. :) :)