Fast Food Good or Bad for you?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Woody, May 18, 2004.

  1. Woody

    Woody Guest

    Been on a kick lately with amazing results. Does anyone know
    if any actual studies have been done on this type of diet?

    www.liquidcalories.com

    Tags:

  2. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    How many calories did you eat before you went on this diet?
    And why didn't you eat the McDonald's salads?

    Jeff

  3. Gmcarter

    Gmcarter Guest

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:47:27 -0400, "Jeff" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >How many calories did you eat before you went on this diet?
    >And why didn't you eat the McDonald's salads?

    I wonder if he saw "Supersize Me"?

    www.supersizeme.com

  4. Jon Leipzig

    Jon Leipzig Guest

    wrote:

    >How many calories did you eat before you went on this diet?
    >And why didn't you eat the McDonald's salads?

    Cuz they're garbage..??

    Salads Strictly A Cash Crop For McDonald's By Helen Puttick
    Health Correspondent The Herald - UK 3-10-4

    Salads were added to the McDonald's menu for commercial
    reasons and not because of concerns about customers' health,
    the UK chief executive admitted yesterday.

    His comments came as health campaigners warned that some of
    the new Salads Plus options may not be as virtuous as they
    first appear.

    A crispy chicken caesar salad with dressing and croutons,
    priced £3.49, has 530 calories, 30 grams of fat and 4.1
    grams of salt per portion.

    A Big Mac, in comparison, has 493 calories, 22.9g of fat and
    2.25g of salt.

    http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/11610-print.shtml

  5. Woody

    Woody Guest

    Jeff,

    My intent was to eat the worst diet possible to see what
    health effects it would have for 30-days. I never expected
    to drop 10 pounds and watch my cholesterol plummet.

    I ate about the same amount of calories before this
    diet...maintaining a weight of 160-165 for three years.

    Salads are not my cup of tea anyway. And, they are
    expensive.

  6. Woody

    Woody Guest

    I did it in response to what I have read regarding the
    movie. I won't be able to see it until May 28th. I got
    different results than Morgan, the guy who did the movie.

    But my question is this...Does anyone know of any ACTUAL
    medical studies done on people who ONLY eat fast foods? All
    of the people who I have found to do a FAST FOOD diet have
    gotten healthier!

    Woody

  7. Jmk

    Jmk Guest

    On 5/20/2004 9:34 AM, Woody wrote:
    > I did it in response to what I have read regarding the
    > movie. I won't be able to see it until May 28th. I got
    > different results than Morgan, the guy who did the movie.
    >
    > But my question is this...Does anyone know of any ACTUAL
    > medical studies done on people who ONLY eat fast foods?
    > All of the people who I have found to do a FAST FOOD diet
    > have gotten healthier!
    >
    > Woody

    I'd hate to know what they were eating before they went on
    this FAST FOOD diet!

    --
    jmk in NC

  8. Trevor Alt

    Trevor Alt Guest

    Going on a diet for a few days/weeks/months is one thing,
    living on such diet almost for your whole life is something
    else! Just look around you and you will find the results.