fastest man on a bike?

ding

Dec 8, 2006
went out on the bike today for a bit of cross country and get this..looking at my speedomoter it states my average speed was 43.1mph over 14.51miles and my top speed was 174.4!! happend so fast never knew it happend.:eek: lol. so either i should enter the guiness book of records or my unit is playing up? mmm...leave it for you to decide.:rolleyes: wireless any good? couple of mates think they aint.

ding said:
went out on the bike today for a bit of cross country and get this..looking at my speedomoter it states my average speed was 43.1mph over 14.51miles and my top speed was 174.4!! happend so fast never knew it happend.:eek: lol. so either i should enter the guiness book of records or my unit is playing up? mmm...leave it for you to decide.:rolleyes: wireless any good? couple of mates think they aint.
I'm not sure if the nice people of Guinness will be calling you anytime soon (sorry!). This has happened to me a number of times both on a wired and wireless unit. I have a wired unit on the MTB and believe the incorrect reading comes from the sensor bouncing around (slightly!) on rough ground. I use the wireless on my road bike and believe any incorrect readings come from other bikes which come close to me and use KM/h rather than Mph. (then again maybe you did clock 174.4!! )

i think i must have clocked it i just got home and i hit 176.2 today so...lol. new unit on weekend i think. wireless any good for mountain bikes? i ride a lot of rocky stuff

ding said:
i think i must have clocked it i just got home and i hit 176.2 today so...lol. new unit on weekend i think. wireless any good for mountain bikes? i ride a lot of rocky stuff

I've used a Polar S520 for both road and mountain, It seemed accurate enough.

i found out what caused the wrong readings. the cable on the inside snapped and did later all together. i rejoined them and now sound as a pound,but i'll think i'll get a wireless:rolleyes: