Fastest time for 16 miles. As a teen.

ryanj246

Jan 24, 2006
Hi everyone. I just wanted to know the fastest time for a teen between the age 17-19 to races 16 miles? I can do it in about 46 minutes is that a good time? Thanks for any Help!!!!! Ryan

ryanj246 said:
Hi everyone. I just wanted to know the fastest time for a teen between the age 17-19 to races 16 miles? I can do it in about 46 minutes is that a good time? Thanks for any Help!!!!! Ryan
Thanks for the help!

That time & distance is 20.87 mph avg. To me, that's ok for 16 miles. I'd probably be going at 92% MHR to do that avg speed ofr that distance. I'm 37.

thats 25.6km/h...dunno what time I would do that in. Depends on the terrain obviously.

ryanj246 said:
Faster than that. Google the records. Triathletes rountinely go faster than that (yes, even in your age bracket), and thats holding back some. Get your average up to 25-28mph for that distance, then you can start thinking youre fast. I average 21 over 40 miles on an easy training ride (26yo), I am NOT fast.

dm69 said:
thats 25.6km/h...dunno what time I would do that in. Depends on the terrain obviously.
oops meant 33km/h...thats actually very slow :( sorry to say. Keep training and you will improve out of sight! I estimate I would do that in sub 40 minutes maybe faster on the flat but definitely slower if there was a hill in between.

25.6km TT's aren't my idea of "FUN" lol so there is little chance I will be testing myself against you hehehe :p .

Sub 37 minutes on a flat course in good conditions on a road bike. ~35.xx when I get the tt position dialed in.