Fastest time for a 1 Mile sprint

Downhill I've gone 73km/h average speed for just over 2 minutes. That means its like I dunno but its more than 2 km, so just under 2 miles in 2 minutes. But flat road, I've gone about 68km/h average while drafting behind a truck for about 3 minutes and I went pretty far. I'm not great at math, but that's more than a mile haha.. But by my self (like me against the wind on flat road) hahah I'm not so good then. :p

In the last mile at the end of a 13 minute/ 5.3 mile TT we used to have here in Northern MN, I've probably done 26-27mph. I could probably crack 2 minutes With one swing at a mile on a smooth highway with passing cars and no wind. I'm middle of the road ability wise, cat. 3 road racer. My best time for that course was 12:55 in a 2 man TT, but I dropped my partner after a couple miles... Too bad... Our local cat. 1 could do about 12:15 for his best effort, 11:58 once...

espiesior said:
What do you believe is the average time for the general population?
Depends on what you mean by "general population". If you mean ppl who aren't cyclists, probably a hell of a lot slower!

General cycling population (non racers), probably 2 or 3 minutes more (I am no expert though :)

I've done lots of times on various bikes. I'm only 14 years old and here are my times.

Single Speed BMX: 3:34
Multi-Speed Mountain Bike: 2:42
Multi-Speed Road Bike: 2:27

BTW, those were all started dead start style.

AND, this is post #100!