Fasting protects against Parkinson .. and

PJx

Guest
Yet another study that supports fasting and severe calorie
restriction.

Sorry, I don't have the site as it was just on fox news, but it
reiterated that hunger is a good thing.

PJ

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:47:47 -0600, PJx <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't have the site as it was just on fox news, but it
>reiterated that hunger is a good thing.
>
> PJ

I agree that hunger is not a bad thing....so many of us, especially
when under the control of carb madness, never let ourselves get
hungry. I try to wait on eating unitl I am hungry, but not ravenous.
funny how it can sneak up on you though...
Tom

Low Carb Forum:
http://slipperystar.suddenlaunch3.com

"xtile" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:47:47 -0600, PJx <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't have the site as it was just on fox news, but it
>>reiterated that hunger is a good thing.
>>
>> PJ

> I agree that hunger is not a bad thing....so many of us, especially
> when under the control of carb madness, never let ourselves get
> hungry. I try to wait on eating unitl I am hungry, but not ravenous.
> funny how it can sneak up on you though...
> Tom
>

> Low Carb Forum:
> http://slipperystar.suddenlaunch3.com

The human body is a carbohydrate burning machine. I think enough science
here has proved that.

When you eat more carbs than your body needs, the excess is stored as fat.
In case you have days or weeks where you don't get enough carbs, and then
the fat gets burned.

There are other factors involing exercise and starvation mode if you limit
your calories, and also if you go overboard on calories, but most of it to
the common person shouild be common sense.

Is this the reason that Atkins and other low carb plans that produce a
ketosis ( a state that makes the body think it is starving, according to
Atkins ) reduce aging. people say i look 10 years younger. I,m 43. theres a
dermatoligist pushing an anti -aging diet that sure looks a lot like
Atkins.............................................. Atkins since april 15
/04 .....333/259/160 average 2.2 pounds per week.

> Starvation mode means slowing down of biological processes, aging,
> formation of amymoid plagues and so on.

> Is this the reason that Atkins and other low carb plans that produce
> ketosis ( a state that makes the body think it is starving, according

> Atkins )

Atkins NEVER wrote that ketosis is related to starvation. Because it
isn't. Pretty simple, that, but beyond the kenn of some.

Ketosis is about eating so little carb that your body burns it all and
still needs fuel. It's burning fat. Since Atkins is not low calorie,
it
does not trigger starvation.

> reduce aging. people say i look 10 years younger. I,m 43.

Following the directions for Atkins is quite healthy for most people.
There is no telling what nutrition you were missin before, but
doing Atkins resolved that lack so you look better.