"Fat Chicks" vs. "Fat Chicos"

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Drlith, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Drlith

    Drlith Guest

    Saw this in the latest issue of Prevention Mag, and it made me think of the
    recent thread on overweight women (no source citation on the data,
    unfortunately):

    62% of American women are overweight, compared to 67% of American men.

    77% of overweight women believe that they are overweight, while 23% believe their weight is normal.

    However, only 45% of overweight men believe they are overweight, while 55% believe their weight
    is normal.

    The Fat Cawfee Tawk Lady says "Tawk Amongst Yaselves"

    Tags:

  2. "DrLith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Saw this in the latest issue of Prevention Mag, and it made me think of the recent thread on
    > overweight women (no source citation on the data, unfortunately):
    >
    > 62% of American women are overweight, compared to 67% of American men.
    >
    > 77% of overweight women believe that they are overweight, while 23% believe their weight
    > is normal.

    This 23% are the really huge cows that weigh over 300lbs, and say "Big is beautiful" or "I'm a BBW
    baby". Truly sad that they cannot afford mirrors.

  3. Loaded Gunn

    Loaded Gunn Guest

    or after a mega injuries .or a weight probe. starting over from the basics. I could run 25 m.p week
    for a year. I could do alto things. I once could do 3 push ups. then I once could do 101 pushups. I
    once run a 5 hour 25 minue marathon. I once run a 2 hr 22 minute half marathon and still more. now
    after a not run since aug of 2002 I run a mile. and hard sore calfs. I waita day in between still do
    15 more miles on bike yesterday and 4 miles walk. since run.today it is time for me too try a small
    run and then a bike ride. I hope. By all, I gone now. Fat chicks to runners. just a matter of Will I
    do this. I start today. run on. Lowtuc

  4. Tom Wheeler

    Tom Wheeler Guest

    I offical start running again and I love it. Time to go bike rideing now. 4 miles, and most of it
    was walk. A day pack is filled to max with 10 cent cans bottles and or plastic pop bottles too. and
    more staghorn sumacc for tea. Now for bigger back pack and bike ride of 10 miles or more too store
    for food of the day. God speed everone I am back. Lowtuc run on.

    painting done. 248 627-8769 Ortonville Michigan 48462 Tom Wheeler owner and only worker. 48 year old
    painter. You buy materials.you not responible for injuries,or you well not get sued by me/injuries.
    or others. been painter numerus years. I am a Great painter..
    http://community.webtv.net/Paintertwheeler/Paintertwheeler

  5. Loaded Gunn

    Loaded Gunn Guest

    O.K. I get it now. it was high power moter bikes , not 21 speed mt bike. dumb jobless old man, and
    right an a biker chick you walk away from, right. not some old man who want a Not here from you
    because you in finance. right. sorry maybe some day I will learn. I just drown my stupidity in
    potatoes not prozac. Lowtuc
    p.s why do a old man has to be this. becuse I seen you in action. try again finance biker. I well
    ride my bike. and hope you fine yours... Good luck God speed everyone. Zow

  6. Ryan Pearman

    Ryan Pearman Guest

    > However, only 45% of overweight men believe they are overweight,
    while 55%
    > believe their weight is normal.

    I can relate to this -- I knew I was overweight before I started running, but didn't think I was
    that fat. And I *was* looking in a mirror. Now, I look back at pictures from 2+ years ago, and can
    clearly see the truth -- I was fat.

    (of course, now that I'm 6-1, 160-165, I *still* think I'm a little chubby, the pendulum has swung
    the other direction)

    --Ryan