Fat Guy Shorts

KL0ZW

Aug 20, 2006
Does anybody know where I can find some larger bicycling shorts. Just starting out but found the padded shorts would come in handy. Everywhere I look the size stops at 44 inch waist I'm looking for 46-48 inch

46 -48 inch waist is too fat! I'm 5' 4" at 28" waist.

He might have too settle for fat guy short for a while. I don't see to many severely obese bikers, but I was one 3 years ago at a 36" waist / 205 lbs.

KL0ZW said:
Does anybody know where I can find some larger bicycling shorts. Just starting out but found the padded shorts would come in handy. Everywhere I look the size stops at 44 inch waist I'm looking for 46-48 inch

I found a number of "baggy" type shorts that have an XXL size of 44-46" waist.

They have them at both:

http://www.nashbar.com/
http://www.performancebike.com/

I hope this helps.
RussB

I too am a rider of girth. I can fit my big ass into XL shorts, but it's not pleasant for children to look at. Until you get to the point where your sitz bones actually make contact with the seat, padding is probably not priority one. Chafing is going to be a bigger issue. I would get a gel seat cover and find some shorts tight enough to keep your thighs from making contact with each other. A little bag balm will help keep you from rubbing hot spots as well. Once you drop some weight (in no time, have faith) you can go on a shopping spree and lose the ridiculous gel seat cover. Being fat on a bike is a little rough, but it's a lot better than being fat on a couch. Just don't give into the dark side (recumbents).

KL0ZW said:
My ass is a grand 40"-41" of pure sweetness. I always tell myself one thing...shop American. European usually do not have my size. And did you know that a XL in the U.S. is equivalent to a 4XL in Japan. Those mother truckers are skinny!

I am 5'6" and 100+kg (220+pounds) and currently wear XXXL Bibs from ProRace (Made in Italy) and they are gorgeous...

bibshorts2.jpg

ChamoisBlue.gif

ChamoisPressureImpact.jpg

Mt Borah has mountain bike style shorts in sizes up to 4XL (48 - 50" waist).

http://mtborah.com/index.asp?CompID=44&action=&CategoryID=64

Unfortunately, their road bike shorts only go up to 42" waist.

When I was 265 pounds, my waist was only 44". The Performance Century shorts in size XXL fit me. Now that I am down to 196 pounds, I wear the same shorts in size L.

If you can't find anything I'd be happy to lend you one of my cycling muu-muus.
Then you can ride Island Style!
This thread makes me feel thin at 5'11" and 180.
But my beer gut knows the truth.
redface.gif

performance bike has 3xl in some shorts.I myself at 6'5" 300lbs know what you mean. it's all about power to weght ratio.i'm one of the faster riders in my clubs especially on flat,downhill and decent on climbing even on my heavy surly crosscheck. don't get discouraged.