Fat Theology

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Apr 5, 2005.

  1. Fat Theology

    In the beginning, God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and
    spinach, green and yellow vegetable of all kinds, so Man and Woman would
    live long and healthy lives.

    And Satan created McDonald's. And McDonald's brought forth the 99-cent
    double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, "You want fries with that?"

    And Man said, "Super size them." And Man gained pounds.

    And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her figure that
    man found so fair.

    And Satan brought forth chocolate. And woman gained pounds.

    And God said, "Try my crispy fresh salad."

    And Satan brought forth ice cream. And woman gained pounds.

    And God said, "I have sent your heart healthy vegetables and olive oil with
    which to cook them."

    And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own
    platter.

    And Man gained pounds and his bad cholesterol went through the roof.

    And God brought forth running shoes and Man resolved to lose those extra
    pounds.

    And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man would not have
    to toil to change channels between ESPN and ESPN2.

    And Man gained pounds.

    And God said, "You're running up the score, Devil."

    And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in fat and
    brimming with nutrition.

    And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into
    chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour cream dip also.

    And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips swaddled in
    cholesterol.

    And Satan saw and said, "It is good."

    And Man went into cardiac arrest.

    And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

    And Satan created HMOs.

    Tags:

  2. Yibbels

    Yibbels Guest

    Ignore the hype, focus on the facts. The facts clearly state
    that being overweight is not healthy. A well functioning
    body does not accumulate huge amounts of fat. However, that doesn't
    matter to the corporations who stand to make a profit by selling
    you junk food. Companies' focusing on profit and only profit always
    leads to tragedy for anyone who deals with them.