fate, kizmet, destiny

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Barry Gaudet, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry Gaudet

Barry Gaudet Guest

Last year I seemed to always hit the rains on my commute. One day in particular I was about 4
    minutes from work and the sky just opened up for 6 minutes, slacking off only after I arrived.

The year before I seemed supernatually lucky, always just missing the downpours.

Yesterday I just missed the cloudburst, arriving literally minutes after I had my bike parked. And
    on the ride home the first few drops of an impressive storm were falling as I reached my building.

I hope it's a good omen for this season.

--
    'They paved paradise And put up a parking lot' -Joni Mitchell

Tags:

2. Allan

Allan Guest

I know what you mean. We had an extended winter here in Northern California and just last week I
    arrived home about 5 minutes before it started hailing pea size hail. Nothing compared to other
    places with golf ball size hail, but still not my idea of good commute weather.

BTW, anyone ever ride in hail the size of golf balls? That's gotta hurt a bit even with a helmet.

"Barry Gaudet" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Last year I seemed to always hit the rains on my commute. One day in particular I was about 4
    > minutes from work and the sky just opened up for 6 minutes, slacking off only after I arrived.
    >
    > The year before I seemed supernatually lucky, always just missing the downpours.
    >
    > Yesterday I just missed the cloudburst, arriving literally minutes after I had my bike parked.
    > And on the ride home the first few drops of an impressive storm were falling as I reached my
    > building.
    >
    > I hope it's a good omen for this season.
    >
    > --
    > 'They paved paradise And put up a parking lot' -Joni Mitchell

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

3. Allan wrote:
    > I know what you mean. We had an extended winter here in Northern California and just last week I
    > arrived home about 5 minutes before it started hailing pea size hail. Nothing compared to other
    > places with golf ball size hail, but still not my idea of good commute weather.
    >
    > BTW, anyone ever ride in hail the size of golf balls? That's gotta hurt a bit even with a helmet.

Why would anyone ride their bike with lightning flashing all around?

Scott

4. Scott Lindstrom <[email protected]> wrote in message news:

> Why would anyone ride their bike with lightning flashing all around?

In order to get home, silly.

Besides, transporters don't work too well in those conditions. Haven't you ever seen StarTrek?

-Luigi

"It's a bike, Jim. But not as we know it."

5. Robin Hubert

Robin Hubert Guest

"Scott Lindstrom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Allan wrote:
    > > I know what you mean. We had an extended winter here in Northern
    California
    > > and just last week I arrived home about 5 minutes before it started
    hailing
    > > pea size hail. Nothing compared to other places with golf ball size
    hail,
    > > but still not my idea of good commute weather.
    > >
    > > BTW, anyone ever ride in hail the size of golf balls? That's gotta hurt
    a
    > > bit even with a helmet.
    >
    >
    > Why would anyone ride their bike with lightning flashing all around?
    >

How about, it just happens and you got no where to go? Also, when I was a kid, we played out in
    thunderstorms. I mean, whenever one hit, we just did not stop what we were doing. As I recall, no
    one was ever struck. Besides, what gaurantee is there that you won't get struck while under shelter?
    I just know someone here has the statistics on such risky behavior. Frank? Tell me how much I was
    risking my life, please.

--
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.