Father Son Ride(pics)

BigUgly

Mar 31, 2007
Today was the day, got all geared up and did 35.5km together. What a blast, he was a little leary of following real close to me but did get the hang of it. Was going up one hill and taking it easy when all of a sudden he goes flying by me laughing. And he sure isin't afraid of going down he hit 53.6km/h man what a smile on his face! Ended up with a 19.3km avg. which is pretty good considering the first part of ride was going over all the road safety stuff plus how to signal one another and all the basics. Fun day real happy son and evening prouder father.
DSCN4470.jpg

DSCN4468.jpg

I never got to cycle with my dad. But hell his enthusiasm for cycling was genetically placed in me.

Awesome ride btw. Would love to do the same with my own son in the future, providing i do get married. lol

Hi there i have the chance to ride with the dad a couple of time during the season and it's alway a great feeling to ride together ... first ride last saturday we made 70km with an average of 24.5 km/h ... it's a graet ride for my first ride this season my dad just add a 70km to the 400 already made ... i'm from quebec and we have a great winter here not much snow ... dry road and hot day for this time of year .... :rolleyes: happy season all ... be carefull and hope to see ya on the road !!!!

Nice. It's a great dad who takes his kid cycling. It's a great kid who will go cycling with his old man. Congratulations.

nice pics and a great way to spend time together,as soon as my son gets older i plan on takin him cycling. he is only 3.

What inspiration! Makes me Look forward to cycling with my Dad this Summer up here in Alaska.

Hope you continue to have more sessions with your son!:)