Father's Day Dinner

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nexis, Jun 19, 2005.

  1. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel hair and
    green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice salad with mixed
    greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the market this morning.
    Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of raspberry coulis or espresso
    crème anglais.
    It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??

    What did you have?

    kimberly

    Tags:

  2. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    Nexis wrote:
    >> Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel
    >> hair and green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice
    >> salad with mixed greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the
    >> market this morning. Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of
    >> raspberry coulis or espresso crème anglais.
    >> It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??

    Pan fried Salmon
    Vegetable Medley in a Wine Reduction Sauce
    Home Made Country Loaf
    Blueberry Crumble

    Debbie

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel hair
    > and green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice salad
    > with mixed greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the market
    > this morning. Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of raspberry
    > coulis or espresso crème anglais.
    > It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??
    >
    > What did you have?

    That does sound yummy. Will have to try the green beans that way.

    I didn't cook; my mother-in-law did. We had appetizers of shrimp
    cocktail, pita chips w/ a carmelized onion dip (from Costco, very
    tasty -- much better than the spinach dip we had from there), and a
    yummy phyllo dough thing topped with zucchini, herbs and olives. For
    dinner, we had flank steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, rolls, salad,
    fresh pineapple and strawberries. Dessert was killer brownies with ice
    cream, or blueberry mousse which was really just whipped cream with
    cooked, sweetened berries folded in (a little too greasy-tasting, but
    ok).

    I pigged out a bit on appetizers, because I hadn't eaten any lunch, so I
    skipped the meat, potatoes and rolls. Had to save room for dessert!

    For breakfast that morning, my kids woke me up early, and we went to
    Dunkin' Donuts to get a dozen doughnuts to bring home. We spread out a
    blanket up in the "fort" part of our swingset, carried out juice and the
    doughnuts, and left a "surprise" note for my husband to come out to the
    fort. He did, and we enjoyed our breakfast feast. I have a great
    picture of my toddler holding one doughnut while sinking his teeth into
    another. :)

  4. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel hair and
    > green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice salad with mixed
    > greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the market this morning.
    > Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of raspberry coulis or espresso crème
    > anglais.
    > It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??
    >
    > What did you have?
    >
    > kimberly

    We celebrated 2 weekends ago at # 2's new house in Hermosa Beach. Grilled giant
    burgers - grilled corn on the cob, salad and Martha Stewarts' recipe Mac &
    Cheese not to mention the munchies before dinner. For dessert we had home made
    French Vanilla ice cream and 2 different freshly bakes cookies

    On the actual fathers day I cooked up 2 pounds of thick bacon and we had bacon
    and eggs for breakfast (late) then some very good Chinese take out consisting of
    Pungent chicken (medium hot) Broccoli beef, BBQ pork chow fun & spring roll -
    kicked back and watched a Tivo-ed movie.

    A relaxing day.

    Dimitri

  5. Stan Horwitz

    Stan Horwitz Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Nexis" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel hair and
    > green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice salad with mixed
    > greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the market this morning.
    > Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of raspberry coulis or espresso
    > crème anglais.
    > It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??
    >
    > What did you have?

    We did the same thing in my family that we always do for a parent's day
    dinner. My sister and I took my parents out to dinner at a diner called
    the Club House, which is in Bensalem, PA. The only difference between
    this Father's Day and the many that preceded it was that my sister's
    finance was with us. My sister and I wanted to try some place different,
    any place, but my parents wouldn't hear of it.

    My mom and dad both ordered the same meal they order 99% of the time
    they eat out; baked chicken, with two green vegetables (which vegetables
    depends on what's available that day). My mom ordered an iced coffee, my
    dad a seltzer. The diner was offering a free glass of wine with each
    meal that night, so my dad got adventurous and he ordered a glass of
    wine, which he said he enjoyed. We all had the salad bar too. I ordered
    the chopped sirloin because I was in the mood for some red meat, but I
    didn't want to spend a lot of money. My sister ordered one of the
    specials which consisted of sauted tarragon chicken with artichokes and
    other vegetables, served with linguini in a creme sauce. My sister's
    finance Rob ordered mushroom caps stuffed with crab meat. We all enjoyed
    our food, but my sister and I would have definitely preferred to try a
    different restaurant just for a change of pace and I imagine Rob was
    glad to see the evening end.