Father's Day Dinner

Nexis

Guest
Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel hair and
green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice salad with mixed
greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the market this morning.
Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of raspberry coulis or espresso
crème anglais.
It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??

What did you have?

kimberly

Nexis wrote:
>> Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel
>> hair and green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice
>> salad with mixed greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the
>> market this morning. Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of
>> raspberry coulis or espresso crème anglais.
>> It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??

Pan fried Salmon
Vegetable Medley in a Wine Reduction Sauce
Home Made Country Loaf
Blueberry Crumble

Debbie

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel hair
> and green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice salad
> with mixed greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the market
> this morning. Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of raspberry
> coulis or espresso crème anglais.
> It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??
>
> What did you have?

That does sound yummy. Will have to try the green beans that way.

I didn't cook; my mother-in-law did. We had appetizers of shrimp
cocktail, pita chips w/ a carmelized onion dip (from Costco, very
tasty -- much better than the spinach dip we had from there), and a
yummy phyllo dough thing topped with zucchini, herbs and olives. For
dinner, we had flank steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, rolls, salad,
fresh pineapple and strawberries. Dessert was killer brownies with ice
cream, or blueberry mousse which was really just whipped cream with
cooked, sweetened berries folded in (a little too greasy-tasting, but
ok).

I pigged out a bit on appetizers, because I hadn't eaten any lunch, so I
skipped the meat, potatoes and rolls. Had to save room for dessert!

For breakfast that morning, my kids woke me up early, and we went to
Dunkin' Donuts to get a dozen doughnuts to bring home. We spread out a
blanket up in the "fort" part of our swingset, carried out juice and the
doughnuts, and left a "surprise" note for my husband to come out to the
fort. He did, and we enjoyed our breakfast feast. I have a great
picture of my toddler holding one doughnut while sinking his teeth into
another. :)

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:JDste.607$SF5.524@fed1read07...
> Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel hair and
> green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice salad with mixed
> greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the market this morning.
> Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of raspberry coulis or espresso crème
> anglais.
> It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??
>
> What did you have?
>
> kimberly

We celebrated 2 weekends ago at # 2's new house in Hermosa Beach. Grilled giant
burgers - grilled corn on the cob, salad and Martha Stewarts' recipe Mac &
Cheese not to mention the munchies before dinner. For dessert we had home made
French Vanilla ice cream and 2 different freshly bakes cookies

On the actual fathers day I cooked up 2 pounds of thick bacon and we had bacon
and eggs for breakfast (late) then some very good Chinese take out consisting of
Pungent chicken (medium hot) Broccoli beef, BBQ pork chow fun & spring roll -
kicked back and watched a Tivo-ed movie.

A relaxing day.

Dimitri

In article <JDste.607$SF5.524@fed1read07>, "Nexis" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Tonight, by request, I made Chicken Saltimbocca. For sides, angel hair and
> green beans with pine nuts, garlic, and shallots. A nice salad with mixed
> greens and some beautiful tomatoes I got from the market this morning.
> Dessert, chocolate soufflés with choice of raspberry coulis or espresso
> crème anglais.
> It all turned out delicious! Don't you love it when that happens??
>
> What did you have?

We did the same thing in my family that we always do for a parent's day
dinner. My sister and I took my parents out to dinner at a diner called
the Club House, which is in Bensalem, PA. The only difference between
this Father's Day and the many that preceded it was that my sister's
finance was with us. My sister and I wanted to try some place different,
any place, but my parents wouldn't hear of it.

My mom and dad both ordered the same meal they order 99% of the time
they eat out; baked chicken, with two green vegetables (which vegetables
depends on what's available that day). My mom ordered an iced coffee, my
dad a seltzer. The diner was offering a free glass of wine with each
meal that night, so my dad got adventurous and he ordered a glass of
wine, which he said he enjoyed. We all had the salad bar too. I ordered
the chopped sirloin because I was in the mood for some red meat, but I
didn't want to spend a lot of money. My sister ordered one of the
specials which consisted of sauted tarragon chicken with artichokes and
other vegetables, served with linguini in a creme sauce. My sister's
finance Rob ordered mushroom caps stuffed with crab meat. We all enjoyed
our food, but my sister and I would have definitely preferred to try a
different restaurant just for a change of pace and I imagine Rob was
glad to see the evening end.