Fattie Master Protocol

RonSonic

Guest
Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
socks.

Ron

RonSonic wrote:
> Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
> in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?
>
> I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
> socks.
>
> Ron

Well, I usually use a cooler; it can carry the Floyd Approved
Replishment Therapy that comes in six-packs.

-dB

RonSonic wrote:
> Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
> in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?
>
> I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
> socks.
>
> Ron

It sure worked for disc golf:
http://discgolf.gottagogottathrow.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/955
http://www.plu-ent.com/store/products.php?categoryName=Accessories&categoryParentName=No Obstacles

Have you stopped snowboarding with strap-style bindings due to having
too large of a gut and general lack of flexibility that you can no
longer deal with getting the straps racheted into place at the top of
the run?

-bdbafh

RonSonic wrote:
> Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
> in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?
>
> I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
> socks.

If it's the type of folding armchair that has a holder/pocket
in the arm for a beer can, hell yeah it's appropriate.

What you need to watch out for is when guys start bringing
actual upholstered recliners.

RonSonic wrote:
> Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
> in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?
>
> I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
> socks.

A Rocker/Recliner would get you extra points to be sure ......

Bill

--

William R. Mattil : http://www.celestial-images.com

RonSonic wrote:
> Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
> in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?
>
> I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
> socks.
>
> Ron

I defer this question to Henry. He runs the Masters Fatty division. I
don't think he's going to be happy with this question though.

Magilla

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> RonSonic wrote:
> > Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
> > in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?
> >
> > I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
> > socks.
> >
> > Ron

> I defer this question to Henry. He runs the Masters Fatty division. I
> don't think he's going to be happy with this question though.
>
> Magilla

I'm still unclear as to the difference between a Masters Fatty and the
Fatty Masters.
Perhaps I'm actually dislexic and never knew it.

-bdbafh

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding
> chair
> in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more
> comfortable?
>
> I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on
> their
> socks.
>
> Ron

I ride to all my races that are less than 100 km away from home.

Not sure how far I am up the fatty master scale.

I weigh about 95 kg's and am 193 cm's tall and am 38 years old ( in 3 hrs
time ), and am suited to point score track sprint races as I am a reasonably
fast sprinter but also have a lot of strength and quick recovery.

I do roughly 500 km's a week training including racing both days on the
weekend, last week I managed to get 620 km's in including a race over a
mountain range.

The next day after that I raced in B grade with the local veterans club and
after a series of 6 attacks ( which I jumped the gap to all of them )
Another rider and I managed to ride away from the group with about 18 km's
of the race remaining, we beat them by close to 1 km in the end.

The previous 2 times I raced with that club I have been in 3 person break
aways so I am guessing next time I show it will be A grade for me :p

I have only just got back on my bike this may after a 16 year break due to
knee injury and have managed to move up the grades quite quickly, as I used
to be a A grade rider when I was in peak form so know how to train and hurt
myself ( and others ).

I am using my ~ 20 year clincher old wheels ( for some bigger $$ races I
have used my ~20 year old continental tubulars ) and 1991 campag c-record
parts of a wrecked pinarello on a $300au Aldi supermarket bicycle including
downtube shifters.
This has ****** off quite a few of the guys I have beaten as they have spent
a hell of a lot more $$ than I have, the prize $$ that I have won since
coming back is way more than both my Aldi bikes cost me ;)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:41:56 +1000, "Boostland"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding
>> chair
>> in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more
>> comfortable?
>>
>> I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on
>> their
>> socks.
>>
>> Ron

>I ride to all my races that are less than 100 km away from home.
>
>Not sure how far I am up the fatty master scale.
>
>I weigh about 95 kg's and am 193 cm's tall and am 38 years old ( in 3 hrs
>time ), and am suited to point score track sprint races as I am a reasonably
>fast sprinter but also have a lot of strength and quick recovery.
>
>I do roughly 500 km's a week training including racing both days on the
>weekend, last week I managed to get 620 km's in including a race over a
>mountain range.
>
>The next day after that I raced in B grade with the local veterans club and
>after a series of 6 attacks ( which I jumped the gap to all of them )
>Another rider and I managed to ride away from the group with about 18 km's
>of the race remaining, we beat them by close to 1 km in the end.
>
>The previous 2 times I raced with that club I have been in 3 person break
>aways so I am guessing next time I show it will be A grade for me :p
>
>I have only just got back on my bike this may after a 16 year break due to
>knee injury and have managed to move up the grades quite quickly, as I used
>to be a A grade rider when I was in peak form so know how to train and hurt
>myself ( and others ).
>
>I am using my ~ 20 year clincher old wheels ( for some bigger $$ races I
>have used my ~20 year old continental tubulars ) and 1991 campag c-record
>parts of a wrecked pinarello on a $300au Aldi supermarket bicycle including
>downtube shifters.
>This has ****** off quite a few of the guys I have beaten as they have spent
>a hell of a lot more $$ than I have, the prize $$ that I have won since
>coming back is way more than both my Aldi bikes cost me ;)

Cool, so do you have a favorite chair for changing your shoes?

Ron

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:41:56 +1000, "Boostland"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or
>>> folding
>>> chair
>>> in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more
>>> comfortable?
>>>
>>> I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on
>>> their
>>> socks.
>>>
>>> Ron

>>I ride to all my races that are less than 100 km away from home.
>>
>>Not sure how far I am up the fatty master scale.
>>
>>I weigh about 95 kg's and am 193 cm's tall and am 38 years old ( in 3 hrs
>>time ), and am suited to point score track sprint races as I am a
>>reasonably
>>fast sprinter but also have a lot of strength and quick recovery.
>>
>>I do roughly 500 km's a week training including racing both days on the
>>weekend, last week I managed to get 620 km's in including a race over a
>>mountain range.
>>
>>The next day after that I raced in B grade with the local veterans club
>>and
>>after a series of 6 attacks ( which I jumped the gap to all of them )
>>Another rider and I managed to ride away from the group with about 18 km's
>>of the race remaining, we beat them by close to 1 km in the end.
>>
>>The previous 2 times I raced with that club I have been in 3 person break
>>aways so I am guessing next time I show it will be A grade for me :p
>>
>>I have only just got back on my bike this may after a 16 year break due to
>>knee injury and have managed to move up the grades quite quickly, as I
>>used
>>to be a A grade rider when I was in peak form so know how to train and
>>hurt
>>myself ( and others ).
>>
>>I am using my ~ 20 year clincher old wheels ( for some bigger $$ races I
>>have used my ~20 year old continental tubulars ) and 1991 campag c-record
>>parts of a wrecked pinarello on a $300au Aldi supermarket bicycle
>>including
>>downtube shifters.
>>This has ****** off quite a few of the guys I have beaten as they have
>>spent
>>a hell of a lot more $$ than I have, the prize $$ that I have won since
>>coming back is way more than both my Aldi bikes cost me ;)

> Cool, so do you have a favorite chair for changing your shoes?
>
> Ron

To the previous poster:
Is that the Aldi chain of discount stores that is similar to Wal-Mart? What
kind of tubing, and do you know who made the bicycle for them?

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:41:56 +1000, "Boostland"

<snip>

> Cool, so do you have a favorite chair for changing your shoes?
>
> Ron

I use my chair at my pc when I am riding to the races, when I drive I use
the car seat or on the bus and or motel room when I go away my club mates
for open races.

news:KzWJg.1389$v%[email protected]...
<snip>
> To the previous poster:
> Is that the Aldi chain of discount stores that is similar to Wal-Mart?
> What kind of tubing, and do you know who made the bicycle for them?

Yes it is sort of like a German version of Wal-Mart I guess, they have
specials every week to get shoppers in, they don't have many shelves just
pallets and boxes to save costs.

www.aldi.com

It is made in China and is 7005 Alloy tubing, the frame is very stiff and
actually quite nice to ride and sprint on.
It is not as comfortable on rough roads as my circa 1990 Pinarrello steel
frame was, but is lighter and more of compact design.

< http://kooragangcycling.asn.au/client_images/53210.JPG >

That is a picture of me on it there early this year when I was racing in the
lower grades when I had just got back into racing.

I have lost quite a lot of fat now and my legs are heaps bigger now, those
other guys in the photo have no chance of even holding my wheel now at the
speeds I ride at.

"Boostland" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> news:KzWJg.1389$v%[email protected]...
> <snip>
>> To the previous poster:
>> Is that the Aldi chain of discount stores that is similar to Wal-Mart?
>> What kind of tubing, and do you know who made the bicycle for them?
>>

> Yes it is sort of like a German version of Wal-Mart I guess, they have
> specials every week to get shoppers in, they don't have many shelves just
> pallets and boxes to save costs.
>
> www.aldi.com
>
> It is made in China and is 7005 Alloy tubing, the frame is very stiff and
> actually quite nice to ride and sprint on.
> It is not as comfortable on rough roads as my circa 1990 Pinarrello steel
> frame was, but is lighter and more of compact design.
>
> < http://kooragangcycling.asn.au/client_images/53210.JPG >
>
> That is a picture of me on it there early this year when I was racing in
> the lower grades when I had just got back into racing.
>
> I have lost quite a lot of fat now and my legs are heaps bigger now, those
> other guys in the photo have no chance of even holding my wheel now at the
> speeds I ride at.

Looks quite nice. Just curious, but have you tried STI or Ergo?

news:0BYJg.1421$v%[email protected]...
<snip>

> Looks quite nice. Just curious, but have you tried STI or Ergo?

Not used STI as yet, I will be getting a new bike at the end of 2007 or
early 2008 with probably the campag 2007 record groupset or what is the best
to go with at the time.

I am more of a fan of track racing so gears, ratchets and brakes are just
dead weight :p.

I use road to keep fit for the track races and a bit of fun, as in Australia
we run our road season in winter and the track season in summer.

> "RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:41:56 +1000, "Boostland"

> <snip>
>>
>> Cool, so do you have a favorite chair for changing your shoes?
>>
>> Ron
>>

> I use my chair at my pc when I am riding to the races, when I drive I use
> the car seat or on the bus and or motel room when I go away my club mates
> for open races.

I do take a fold up chair to track races sometimes so I have somewhere to
sit in the middle during races.

Geraard Spergen wrote:

> Extra FM points for racing with your pump on the top tube.

That's so he can do a front wheel jam.

Wayne

William R. Mattil wrote:
> A Rocker/Recliner would get you extra points to be sure ......

And a young millionairess hottie would be worth even more.

Boostland wrote:

> Not sure how far I am up the fatty master scale.

<various self-important "achievements" snipped>

Dumbass -

Indisputable. You are very high up on the Master Fattie scale.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Geraard Spergen wrote:

> Extra FM points for racing with your pump on the top tube.

Damn .....

Thought I was getting some points here until I reread it and saw .. *racing*

Training doesn't count. Argh

Bill
--

William R. Mattil : http://www.celestial-images.com