Fattie Master?

now that was funny...... what a fricken dork. hope thats not you....

news:[email protected]...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2003/jun03/wedworlds2/4_bs_c

http://www.tourofthegila.com/2003race/day1/photoalbum/photos/totg_day1_211.J PG

"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> now that was funny...... what a fricken dork. hope thats not you....

I wouldn't call Bart a dork. And he's a much better racer than you realize.

Bret

> "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > JTN wrote:
> > >
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2003/jun03/wedworlds2/4_bs_c
> > > ope
> > >
> > > here is an example of the Colorado masters racer. he also fits the description of the belgian
> > > "master".....
> > >

> > Jim rarely does masters races and Alan never has to my knowledge. What you want is a true
> > masters racing Colorado fattie. Here's a good example:
> >

> http://www.tourofthegila.com/2003race/day1/photoalbum/photos/totg_day1_211.J PG
> >
> > Bret

Brets correct, Bart is no slouch as his long list of results will attest. As an engineer he's always
testing the latest technology such as the LUST shoes which are on the feet of many cyclists, pros
included. Most of you will remember the Pro Cycling article about Vaughter's pair of LUST shoes. And
unknownst to most people, Cipo almost had several pairs with Specialized logos created.

In article <[email protected]>, Bret Wade
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > now that was funny...... what a fricken dork. hope thats not you....
>
> I wouldn't call Bart a dork. And he's a much better racer than you realize.
>
> Bret
>

> > "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > JTN wrote:
> > > >

> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2003/jun03/wedworlds2/4_bs_ c

> > > Jim rarely does masters races and Alan never has to my knowledge. What you want is a true
> > > masters racing Colorado fattie. Here's a good example:
> > >

> > http://www.tourofthegila.com/2003race/day1/photoalbum/photos/totg_day1_211.J PG
> > >
> > > Bret

alright, maybe he isn't a dork? but that bike he is riding in the pic you provided sure is dorky.

"BW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:110620031340357585%[email protected]...
> Brets correct, Bart is no slouch as his long list of results will attest. As an engineer he's
> always testing the latest technology such as the LUST shoes which are on the feet of many
> cyclists, pros included. Most of you will remember the Pro Cycling article about Vaughter's pair
> of LUST shoes. And unknownst to most people, Cipo almost had several pairs with Specialized logos
> created.
>

> In article <[email protected]>, Bret Wade
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > now that was funny...... what a fricken dork. hope thats not you....
> >
> > I wouldn't call Bart a dork. And he's a much better racer than you
realize.

> > Bret
> >

> > > "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2003/jun03/wedworlds2/4_bs_

What

http://www.tourofthegila.com/2003race/day1/photoalbum/photos/totg_day1_211.J
> > > PG

What the hell is THAT!?

"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JTN wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2003/jun03/wedworlds2/4_bs_c
> > ope
> >
> > here is an example of the Colorado masters racer. he also fits the description of the belgian
> > "master".....
> >

> Jim rarely does masters races and Alan never has to my knowledge. What you want is a true masters
> racing Colorado fattie. Here's a good example:

http://www.tourofthegila.com/2003race/day1/photoalbum/photos/totg_day1_211.J PG

> Bret

Dorky, perhaps, but... it's a heck of a TT bike. The sound it makes scares the hell out of his
competition and really blows your concentration if you hear him coming up behind you.

"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> alright, maybe he isn't a dork? but that bike he is riding in the pic you provided sure is dorky.
>

> "BW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:110620031340357585%[email protected]...
> > Brets correct, Bart is no slouch as his long list of results will attest. As an engineer he's
> > always testing the latest technology such as the LUST shoes which are on the feet of many
> > cyclists, pros included. Most of you will remember the Pro Cycling article about Vaughter's pair
> > of LUST shoes. And unknownst to most people, Cipo almost had several pairs with Specialized
> > logos created.
> >

> > In article <[email protected]>, Bret Wade <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > >
> > > I wouldn't call Bart a dork. And he's a much better racer than you
> realize.
> > >
> > > Bret

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2003/jun03/wedworlds2/4_bs_

> What
> example:
> > > > >

> http://www.tourofthegila.com/2003race/day1/photoalbum/photos/totg_day1_211.J

> It should be oxymoronic in English too. Being 'masterful' at something implies excellence,
> not age.
>

> Some old ego-meister way back when must've coined that term - to describe the class of racer who
> considers himself too old to compete at his best level.
>

> They should switch the 'Seniors' and 'Masters' labels.
>

> 'Senior' denotes old people. 'Masters' denotes competence.
>

> So what can we do? Add the word 'Fattie' to the back of 'Master' to bring it all back into
> perspective.

Ok, but why is the word "Fattie" necesarry. I don't think pro-cyclists are fat. (except for Jan
Ullrich in January). Or is "fattie" used to show the difference in physique between riders of the
classics and the light riders of the 1 week and 3 weeks tours?

"Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > It should be oxymoronic in English too. Being 'masterful' at something implies excellence,
> > not age.
> >

> > Some old ego-meister way back when must've coined that term - to
describe
> > the class of racer who considers himself too old to compete at his best level.
> >

> > They should switch the 'Seniors' and 'Masters' labels.
> >

> > 'Senior' denotes old people. 'Masters' denotes competence.
> >

> > So what can we do? Add the word 'Fattie' to the back of 'Master' to
bring it
> > all back into perspective.
>
> Ok, but why is the word "Fattie" necesarry. I don't think pro-cyclists are fat. (except for Jan
> Ullrich in January). Or is "fattie" used to show the difference in physique between riders of the
> classics and the light riders of the 1 week and 3 weeks tours?

Kenny, in our screwy system, the "Masters" are us old, fat guys, hence the
psueo-suffix/descriptor/qualifier/de-egoizer.