Fattie Masters Epidemic Understated

Status

Kurgan Gringion

Guest
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2856605.stm

Obesity epidemic tops 1.7bn

The number of obese people in the world may be as high as 1.7bn, experts have calculated.

The International Obesity Taskforce (IOTF) says that the current method of calculating obesity -
which gives a figure of around half of this - is flawed.

This because it fails to take into consideration the fact that Asian people seem to be more
vulnerable than other racial groups to the effects of excess weight.

<snip>

A person with a BMI of 25 and above is defined as overweight, and somebody with a BMI of above
30 is obese.

However, an expert group of the World Health Organization, of which Professor James is a member,
says that Asian people with a BMI of only 23.3 may be at increased risk of obesity-related diseases.

<snip><end>

K. Gringioni Masters Fattie

Mike S.

Guest
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2856605.stm
>
> Obesity epidemic tops 1.7bn
>
> The number of obese people in the world may be as high as 1.7bn, experts
have calculated.

> The International Obesity Taskforce (IOTF) says that the current method of
calculating obesity - which gives a figure of around half
> of this - is flawed.
>
> This because it fails to take into consideration the fact that Asian
people seem to be more vulnerable than other racial groups to
> the effects of excess weight.
>
> <snip>
>
> A person with a BMI of 25 and above is defined as overweight, and somebody
with a BMI of above 30 is obese.

> However, an expert group of the World Health Organization, of which
Professor James is a member, says that Asian people with a BMI
> of only 23.3 may be at increased risk of obesity-related diseases.
>
> <snip><end>

Its easy, Henry, just don't eat like an American and you'll be OK. Think Asian! Be Asian! I know you
can do it!

Mike

> K. Gringioni Masters Fattie

Status