Fausto Coppi - San Remo

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dg, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dg

Dg Guest

Has anyone any experience of this bike? Seems reasonably specified for the money - £800 list,
    £550ish to buy.

Views? Alternatives for the same sort of amount?

Thank, everyone.

DG

Tags:

2. Richard Belcher

Richard Belcher New Member

I currently ride a Fausto Coppi San Remo - Shimano 105 double. I bought the bike back in Feb 2003 - the 1st bike I've EVER had....yep...EVER!! I was looking for somethng to commute to work on, all roads 25 miles each way...in Devon so hills were a feature. I got into it & have racked up over 5000 miles so far. I am so hooked on cycling I've splashed out on my dream bike. I am just about to pick up my new Trek 5900, full Dura-Ace, Bontrager Race X Lites etc.....can't wait to blast up the hills (oh & down the other side!)

Anyway, back to the San Remo - I would recommend this bike to anyone who wants a road bike & isn't too fussed about Dura-Ace, Record, Carbon etc & just wants to get out there & ride on a good bike. Comparing it to the Trek isn't really fair as the 5900 weighs in on the road around the 15lb mark but the San Remo is a little heavy. However, I have found this bike to be a great companion over the past few months & have loved EVERY ride, rain, wind, sun & even snow. At the end of the day we all have budgets & bank managers to worry about so I say get the best you can then go ride! It's all about getting out there right? It's not what you ride it's how you ride it.

Enjoy & let us know what you do!

Ciao :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.