Favoring one side while sitting on the saddle

the holster

Sep 20, 2005
It has come to my attention recently that I heavily favor my right side while sitting on the saddle, i lean really far over and it is very noticealble from behind. It has been suggested that my right leg is stronger than the left so i tilt more that way. Has anyone else had this problem, Should I see a chiropractor?

If you look at my Brooks on my touring bike, you can see that the right side divit is bigger than the left, and that the middle arch is pushed to the left a little. I think it's perfectly natural to be a little crooked. What could a chiropractor do? He's not gonna re-shape your body.....

the holster said:
It has come to my attention recently that I heavily favor my right side while sitting on the saddle, i lean really far over and it is very noticealble from behind. It has been suggested that my right leg is stronger than the left so i tilt more that way. Has anyone else had this problem, Should I see a chiropractor?
If your right side is stronger (and as far as I can tell you haven't determined that yet) it's possible that your left leg is shorter. In the case of leg length discrepancies the longer leg will do more work during most activities, and over time it w/b stronger. A chiropractor can check leg length for you w/standing x-rays. You can also check it at home by measuring bony landmarks and comparing sides. Neither method however is completely reliable. If one leg is stronger than the other you could always strengthen it with resistance training, and leg length discrepancies are easy to correct for on the bike.

the holster said:
IMHO a chiropractor is the last person you should ever see.

How old are you and how long have you been riding?

You may want to be fit on your bike by someone who is also a doctor. Probably the most famous example in the US is Andy Pruitt in Colorado.