Favorite Bike Tour?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Beingcre8tive, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Beingcre8tive

Beingcre8tive New Member

I'm starting to discover some interesting bike tours around the country but have not found any definitive list of them. So I'm wondering since we have members here from all over the world what's your favorite bike tour in your area? Or if you've found a good list, please clue me in on that.

Tags:

2. vspa

vspa Active Member

competitive or recreational ?

3. Beingcre8tive

Beingcre8tive New Member

Recreational. Big rides that anyone can ride in, 500+ riders.

4. vspa

vspa Active Member

only thing close to those in my area are OPEN races, guys compete but the rest of the field has the ending as an objective, they can be a bit dangerous since not everyone handles well in a fast cycling peloton, but ok ultimately it is a race, i wish we had recreational too. From what i read in magazines, the big bike tours organised in Europe do have racing too but informally, many cyclists race to the finish there also. Cycling magazines, at least in France and in Spain, give detailed information on the routes, admission fees and dates, remember also that Jan Ullrich entered a bike tour in Austria last year,

5. CyclinYooper

CyclinYooper New Member

Beingcre8tive likes this.
  6. ankit1

ankit1 New Member

Hey BeingCre8tive, Try kerala, a relaxing ride along the beaches, the country roads and the backwaters.Meet the local people taste their delicious home made Keralan food, stay at their homes and enjoy nature at its best.

Beingcre8tive likes this.
  7. Beingcre8tive

Beingcre8tive New Member

Great suggestions everyone! I created a list, let me know if you have any new ones to add. http://proambike.com/biketour_granfondo_etape

8. jpr95

jpr95 Active Member

Here's a 7-day, 360-mile Habitat for Humanity fundraising/awareness tour (you can ride anywhere from 1-7 days, it's what got me back into cycling):

www.hfhcoverindiana.org