favorite cross racer

erik saunders

Guest
my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...

my least favorite cross racer is Jackson Stewart.. he is a jack-ass... they
should call him *Jackass* Stewart...

Tim Johnson is ok.. and if he raced again he would be my second favorite cross
racer... a cross racer on whom i have no opinon is Mark McCormick... except for
that he probably stole all the money from Jackass and thats why he sucks
beacause he has to work a job or something to get to the races...

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (erik saunders) wrote:

> my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...
>
> my least favorite cross racer is Jackson Stewart.. he is a jack-ass... they
> should call him *Jackass* Stewart...

So what are your thoughts on him as a Madison racer? (heh)

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On 27 Oct 2004 02:39:02 GMT, [email protected] (erik saunders) wrote:

>my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...
>
>my least favorite cross racer is Jackson Stewart.. he is a jack-ass... they
>should call him *Jackass* Stewart...
>
>Tim Johnson is ok.. and if he raced again he would be my second favorite cross
>racer... a cross racer on whom i have no opinon is Mark McCormick... except for
>that he probably stole all the money from Jackass and thats why he sucks
>beacause he has to work a job or something to get to the races...

I have only the faintest idea of what the 'cross field is like, but
Sven Vanthourenhout seems to be one of the alpha wolves.

-Jeffrey.

erik saunders wrote:
> my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...

Dumbass -

That motherfucker is a *****. He won't even talk smack on rbr when he
gets *****slapped here.

As for whom I like? My favorite is:
CHRIS DAGGS

That man is a Force to be Reckoned With.

K. Gringioni.

[email protected] (erik saunders) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...

Don't know any personally, but like Wells and Gullickson because I
live near their original home towns. Wells gets the nod b/c he has a
funny website. Dude can't spell, but hates dopers.

[email protected] (erik saunders) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...
>
> my least favorite cross racer is Jackson Stewart.. he is a jack-ass... they
> should call him *Jackass* Stewart...
>
> Tim Johnson is ok.. and if he raced again he would be my second favorite cross
> racer... a cross racer on whom i have no opinon is Mark McCormick... except for
> that he probably stole all the money from Jackass and thats why he sucks
> beacause he has to work a job or something to get to the races...

Definitely hairy ass Hamblen. He is actually my favorite bike racer
too, on many levels. though he probably thinks i dont like him or
something.

He can make pancakes at my house any time.

second svatek. cross needs more gorrilla racers. i would love to see
him in a world cup, just swatting people outa his way. it would be
cool. Just like all the czeck guys do.

for pure visual appeal, TJ. He is so _pretty_ on the cross bike, in a
non **** way. very fluid, so smooth, tapping the pedals over. Wish
he would get back on it.

JP is cool to watch on sick technical stuff, catching air, but not
smooth-pretty-natural with a bike under him like TJ. Sven is quite
similar in body type and style. roadie like.

JP should do free-cross. that would be cool. Him and Wells. Maybe
that would be a good side show at nats!!!! Free-Cross or big air or
some other purely for fun technical display as a fun thing for
spectators...hmmm

specially with the concrete thing. and the old bunny hop contest.
always a crowd pleaser.

jon enjoys cooking.. thats what makes his pancakes so good... and his pizzas...

erik saunders said:
my favorite cross racer is Jon Hamblen... who do you guys like?...

my least favorite cross racer is Jackson Stewart.. he is a jack-ass... they
should call him *Jackass* Stewart...

Tim Johnson is ok.. and if he raced again he would be my second favorite cross
racer... a cross racer on whom i have no opinon is Mark McCormick... except for
that he probably stole all the money from Jackass and thats why he sucks
beacause he has to work a job or something to get to the races...
I would have to say that Barry Wicks is my favorite cross racer. That guy has been paying his dues for a while and finally broke through with a big win. After him, it would Erik Tonkin because he is a hairy beast, plus a nice guy. Guys from the NW definetly have a leg up on everybody else.

>From: [email protected] (jerry)

>second svatek. cross needs more gorrilla racers. i would love to see
>him in a world cup, just swatting people outa his way. it would be
>cool. Just like all the czeck guys do.

You just gotta like Matt. I still can't believe that he gets uphill the way he
does either.

>for pure visual appeal, TJ. He is so _pretty_ on the cross bike, in a
>non **** way. very fluid, so smooth, tapping the pedals over. Wish
>he would get back on it.

Except when he forgets to unclip and falls over. Not an unusual occurence from
what I've heard and seen. But your right, at speed Tim is incredible. I think
he'll be back with a vengeance next year, and maybe bring Lyne with him. That
should reshuffle the standings in a hurry.

>JP is cool to watch on sick technical stuff, catching air, but not
>smooth-pretty-natural with a bike under him like TJ. Sven is quite
>similar in body type and style. roadie like.

JP is great, no doubt about it. For a second I thought you were talking Jeremy
Powers who's been looking pretty good too.
Bill C

[email protected] (erik saunders) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> jon enjoys cooking.. thats what makes his pancakes so good... and his pizzas...

dude makes his own TORTILLAS, I mean, come on. And he works for food.
you gotta like that ethic.

[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: [email protected] (jerry)

> >second svatek. cross needs more gorrilla racers. i would love to see
> >him in a world cup, just swatting people outa his way. it would be
> >cool. Just like all the czeck guys do.

> You just gotta like Matt. I still can't believe that he gets uphill the way he
> does either.
>
> >for pure visual appeal, TJ. He is so _pretty_ on the cross bike, in a
> >non **** way. very fluid, so smooth, tapping the pedals over. Wish
> >he would get back on it.
> >

> Except when he forgets to unclip and falls over. Not an unusual occurence from
> what I've heard and seen. But your right, at speed Tim is incredible. I think
> he'll be back with a vengeance next year, and maybe bring Lyne with him. That
> should reshuffle the standings in a hurry.
>
> >JP is cool to watch on sick technical stuff, catching air, but not
> >smooth-pretty-natural with a bike under him like TJ. Sven is quite
> >similar in body type and style. roadie like.

> JP is great, no doubt about it. For a second I thought you were talking Jeremy
> Powers who's been looking pretty good too.
> Bill C

Yah, this Jermemy Powers Jonathan Page thing has already become a pain
in my ass. Annoying. Powers was doing the barrier hop in Belgium.
Course, he stacked it up good too, i hear.

I was also, to clarify, comparing TJ to Sven V, not JP to Sven V.
Sven is a fast road racing kinda cross racer, and built kinda like
Tim. Both great to watch, and I for one am psyched that SV is
starting to beat the usual suspects.

On that note, Second today in Tabor. JP sucked again. Par for the
(world cup) course.

OKpro wrote:

> Guys from the NW definetly have a leg up on everybody

You gotta be kidding.

>From: [email protected] (jerry)

>Yah, this Jermemy Powers Jonathan Page thing has already become a pain
>in my ass. Annoying. Powers was doing the barrier hop in Belgium.
>Course, he stacked it up good too, i hear.

One of the most incredible performances I've seen was after a bunnyhop crash.
It was a couple of years ago. Jesse Anthony, Chris Hill, and Konrad Lebas were
really beating on everybody. Konrad and Chris were hopping the barriers, so
Jesse decided to give it a shot and crashed really ugly between a couple of
barriers. By the time he got going again he'd been caught by a few other riders
and was like 40 seconds down on Chris and Konrad. He stopped hopping, chased
both of them down and won the race. It was incredible how fast and smooth he
was with a bright red face the whole way.
Bill C

> As for whom I like? My favorite is:
> CHRIS DAGGS
>

> That man is a Force to be Reckoned With.
>

> K. Gringioni.

Dear Sir,
A couple months back the Force found his way to Utah for a stage race.
That night I wanted to show some teammates the original "Force"
posting. Unfortunately I had to wade through approximately 600 pages
where you reference him. I understand (dare I say support) your
desire to make fun of the Force, but I really think you have gotten
out of control. If I was Daggs (how many times have I said that??) I
would definitely be concerned. Stalker.

Oh yeah and on topic, my favorite 'cross racer is Bart Gillespie. You
may not know him, but he is the man. Here's why:
Nice guy
Has a job
Gets it done
I hardly know any others

Thank you.

On 10/29/2004 09:34 AM, in article
[email protected], "Ryan Barrett"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> As for whom I like? My favorite is:
>> CHRIS DAGGS
>>

>> That man is a Force to be Reckoned With.
>>

>> K. Gringioni.

> Dear Sir,
> A couple months back the Force found his way to Utah for a stage race.
> That night I wanted to show some teammates the original "Force"
> posting. Unfortunately I had to wade through approximately 600 pages
> where you reference him. I understand (dare I say support) your
> desire to make fun of the Force, but I really think you have gotten
> out of control. If I was Daggs (how many times have I said that??) I
> would definitely be concerned. Stalker.
>
> Oh yeah and on topic, my favorite 'cross racer is Bart Gillespie. You
> may not know him, but he is the man. Here's why:
> Nice guy
> Has a job
> Gets it done
> I hardly know any others

Bart Gillespie, who hasn't lost a local Utah (non-UCI) 'cross race in
something like 3-years ... Until last week, when Chris Pietrzak, who's been
pushing Bart all season, finally got the better of him.

Bart still got second, though, by a significant margin over 3rd place.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com