Favorite cycling race

Jiyang Chen wrote:
> What is your favorite cycling race?

To race: Boulder Roubaix

To watch: Ronde van Vlaanderen

Bret

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What is your favorite cycling race?

The Concord Capital Criterium in New Hampshire.

(Too far for me to go to most of the time, unfortunately)

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

1. Ronde van Vlaanderen
2. Paris-Roubaix
3. Milan-Sanremo

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> What is your favorite cycling race?

Capital City Criterium in Raleigh NC.

Back in the day it was the Sunday after the Tour de Moore. Shaun Wallace, Ian Jackson, Tom
Broznowski, Graeme Miller, Matt Eaton, Bruce Donaghy, Jeff Rutter, Ronnie Hinson, David Ware, the
Canadian National Team, and most of the East Coast crit monsters would show up and never disappoint.

I would get stomped in the jr race by Chris Kirkpatrick, George Hincapie, Brian Dykes, and Jeremy
Conn and sit with my old man in the shade and watch the pro/am afterwards.

No doubt favorite race to ride and to watch.

Jiyang Chen wrote:

> What is your favorite cycling race?

For watching live (not on TV): Meisterschaft von Zürich.

It was argued here, that it is not a "real" race (perhaps it was meant ironically, I am not sure)
because it is on a round course, and because the course varied over the time.

For watching it at the route, it is great. When taking a bike with you, you can watch the riders
every round twice at or near the top of some ascents. There is still plenty of time to have a beer
in between.

Dieter

"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Jiyang Chen wrote:
> > What is your favorite cycling race?

> To race: Boulder Roubaix
>
> To watch: Ronde van Vlaanderen
>
> Bret

Tour of Lombardy.

To race: the Mt. Shasta Hill Climb

Stan Cox schreef:

> "
>
> Gent-Wevelgem. How can you not love the Mur de Huy. I would hate to have to climb it tho :)

What to be said about that?

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:09:52 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
>Stan Cox schreef:
>> Gent-Wevelgem. How can you not love the Mur de Huy. I would hate to have to climb it tho :)
>
>What to be said about that?

Tja.

"Ingemar Svensson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > What is your favorite cycling race?

> > Gent-Wevelgem. How can you not love the Mur de Huy. I would hate to have
> > climb it tho :)
> >
> > Stan Cox
>
> Mur de Huy is in Fleche Vallonne

Oh bollocks. finger trouble again. I'm English and not used to this heat ok.

Stan Cox

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote .net...
> What is your favorite cycling race?

What is your favorite in which YOU have participated in Ji?

I like the Snelling Road Race and the Giro di San Francisco.

-Ken

Ken Papai wrote:

> "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote .net...
> > What is your favorite cycling race?
>
> What is your favorite in which YOU have participated in Ji?
>
> I like the Snelling Road Race and the Giro di San Francisco.

You can't think of a "better" NorCal crit than GdSF? It is a pretty basic rectangle. Cat's Hill,
Santa Cruz, Burlingame, Nevada City, (Visalia when it existed) and even lowly Watsonville are much
more interesting when it comes to the course. I've always seemed to miss Cherry Pie; from the
description I've heard, I might like to try it.