Favorite Cycling shoe(clipless) for MTB and Road ???

Adam-from-SLO

Nov 30, 2003
Hello All,

Just checking to see what everyones favorite cycling shoe is (what have you found to be most comfortable , most durable , Best bang-for-the-Buck$$, etc. ) ?

Thanks in Advance

BTW, mine is Sidi(road + MTB). I wish Sidi would start doing the replacable MTB tread on the bottoms(not just on the Dragon model... but also Dominator, etc.) ! :)

I like my Diadora Gekos for MTB. I have an older pair of Diadora road shoes that are ok. They fit fine, but theyre a bit heavy. I bought a pair of Sidi Rampas and dont like the fit at all.

anything with these four letters: SIDI

my Ergo-1s have exceeded my expectations - which is good. Been Riding Sidi now for a little over 10 years, have tried on a lot of other shoes (just in case before I got my Ergos) and none work better for my feet. Using Bullets on my MTB.
HR

Hookyrider said:
anything with these four letters: SIDI

my Ergo-1s have exceeded my expectations - which is good. Been Riding Sidi now for a little over 10 years, have tried on a lot of other shoes (just in case before I got my Ergos) and none work better for my feet. Using Bullets on my MTB.
HR
Just replaced my road shoes from carnacs to shimano spdsl sh-r215b expensive but very comfortable. The old shoe started to spin the fixing point for the cleat plate, but I'd had them 13 years and had done many tri's with salt water swims before I started road racing and I'd been down the road a few times of the years so they have a few scuffs.

MTB shoes I,ve had for about 12ys are shimano don't know the model . They look a bit tatty but are still going strong. Dont see much mud but a lot of dirt and dust.

Bike shoes seem to last a long time for me so price is only medium consideration ( carnacs cost over $200 OZZY but lasted 13ys and I'm still using them on the wind trainer ) but fit and comfort are most important. Nothing woarse on a long ride than ill fitting shoes. If you dont believe try putting a crumpped tissue in your shoe and ride a 100Ks

It is really hard for me to find shoes that fit my feet but I found a pair af Lake CX165 road shoes that fit perfectly. I ended up buying the matching mt. bike shoes (MX165). And the $90 MSRP price-per-pair worked for my college student budget. I have had some Shimanos and some Answers but they didn't fit as well and it really made my rides less enjoyable.