favorite LC recipe?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by justme, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. justme

    justme Guest

    Anyone want to share???

    I think mine is anything w/ creamcheese:

    lunchmeat wrapped around creamcheese
    creamcheese, splenda, peanutbutter
    creamcheese, splenda, berries
    creamcheese, splenda,cocopowder
    creamcheese, pestoseasoning,spinich

    creamcheese, seaoned salt, spread on pizza and only eat topping- give
    crust to dog:)

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "justme" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Anyone want to share???
    >
    > I think mine is anything w/ creamcheese:
    >
    > lunchmeat wrapped around creamcheese
    > creamcheese, splenda, peanutbutter
    > creamcheese, splenda, berries
    > creamcheese, splenda,cocopowder
    > creamcheese, pestoseasoning,spinich
    >
    > creamcheese, seaoned salt, spread on pizza and only eat topping- give
    > crust to dog:)

    Anything made with Shirataki. ;-)

    A well seared steak.

    A big pile of steamed veggies...

    I'm not all that big on high fat. <G>
    --
    Peace, Om.

  3. Sherry

    Sherry Guest

    "justme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anyone want to share???
    >
    > I think mine is anything w/ creamcheese:
    >
    > lunchmeat wrapped around creamcheese
    > creamcheese, splenda, peanutbutter
    > creamcheese, splenda, berries
    > creamcheese, splenda,cocopowder
    > creamcheese, pestoseasoning,spinich
    >
    > creamcheese, seaoned salt, spread on pizza and only eat topping- give
    > crust to dog:)

    eggplant lasagna
    fried fish with pecan coating
    bacon-wrapped chicken pieces with creamy florentine sauce
    salad with crumbled bacon and ranch dressing
    cheese-loaded burgers
    chocolate-almond-coconut cookies
    heaps of green beans with mushrooms and garlic
    pork roast and cabbage
    steak with lots of crunchy broiled or grilled fat

    I tend to eat one main meal per day (plus a couple of small snacks), and I
    make it a good one :).

    --
    Sherry
    364/290/195 (4/3/05)

  4. MaryL

    MaryL Guest

    "Sherry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:_fudne[email protected]
    > "justme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Anyone want to share???
    >>
    >> I think mine is anything w/ creamcheese:
    >>
    >> lunchmeat wrapped around creamcheese
    >> creamcheese, splenda, peanutbutter
    >> creamcheese, splenda, berries
    >> creamcheese, splenda,cocopowder
    >> creamcheese, pestoseasoning,spinich
    >>
    >> creamcheese, seaoned salt, spread on pizza and only eat topping- give
    >> crust to dog:)
    >>

    > eggplant lasagna
    > fried fish with pecan coating
    > bacon-wrapped chicken pieces with creamy florentine sauce
    > salad with crumbled bacon and ranch dressing
    > cheese-loaded burgers
    > chocolate-almond-coconut cookies
    > heaps of green beans with mushrooms and garlic
    > pork roast and cabbage
    > steak with lots of crunchy broiled or grilled fat
    >
    > I tend to eat one main meal per day (plus a couple of small snacks), and I
    > make it a good one :).
    >
    > --
    > Sherry
    > 364/290/195 (4/3/05)
    > http://lowcarb.owly.net

    My mother used to make zucchini lasagna, and we loved it -- tasted just like
    the real thing. I have never heard of eggplant lasagna, though. How is it
    made?

    MaryL

  5. Sherry

    Sherry Guest

    "MaryL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My mother used to make zucchini lasagna, and we loved it -- tasted just

    like
    > the real thing. I have never heard of eggplant lasagna, though. How is

    it
    > made?

    I spread a little sauce in the bottom of a glass baking pan, then lay out my
    eggplant slices, top with cottage cheese, lots of ground beef cooked with
    garlic and a little onion, then a little more sauce, another layer of
    eggplant, another layer of meat, more sauce, and I top it with shredded
    italian cheeses (romano, mozzarella, parmesan, whatever) and bake it.

    For the sauce I use a pizza sauce that has 5gN carbs per half cup, and use a
    cup total. We all love it :).

    --
    Sherry
    364/290/195 (4/3/05)

  6. MaryL

    MaryL Guest

    "Sherry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "MaryL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> My mother used to make zucchini lasagna, and we loved it -- tasted just

    > like
    >> the real thing. I have never heard of eggplant lasagna, though. How is

    > it
    >> made?

    > I spread a little sauce in the bottom of a glass baking pan, then lay out
    > my
    > eggplant slices, top with cottage cheese, lots of ground beef cooked with
    > garlic and a little onion, then a little more sauce, another layer of
    > eggplant, another layer of meat, more sauce, and I top it with shredded
    > italian cheeses (romano, mozzarella, parmesan, whatever) and bake it.
    >
    > For the sauce I use a pizza sauce that has 5gN carbs per half cup, and use
    > cup total. We all love it :).
    >
    > --
    > Sherry
    > 364/290/195 (4/3/05)
    > http://lowcarb.owly.net

    That sounds wonderful! Thank you very much.

    MaryL

  7. Sherry

    Sherry Guest

  8. Marengo

    Marengo Guest

    On 19 Mar 2006 16:28:58 -0800, "justme" <[email protected]> wrote:

    |Anyone want to share???
    |
    |I think mine is anything w/ creamcheese:
    |
    |lunchmeat wrapped around creamcheese
    |creamcheese, splenda, peanutbutter
    |creamcheese, splenda, berries
    |creamcheese, splenda,cocopowder
    |creamcheese, pestoseasoning,spinich
    |
    |creamcheese, seaoned salt, spread on pizza and only eat topping- give
    |crust to dog:)

    No question.

    Hannah Guren's Italian Sausage soup.

    Yum, I could live on it!

    Peter

  9. justme wrote:

    > Anyone want to share???

    Uber-sprouts:

    Dice garlic, shallots and onion in olive oil.
    Mince ginger and add to the sautee.
    Cut brussels sprouts in half top-down (they hold together
    when cut that way).
    Sautee until the sprouts are most of the way softened.
    Serve with other low carb foods.

    Great with bacon bits or ham rather than ginger.

    Deep frying - It's not just for veggies any more. Sauteeing -
    It's not just for mushrooms any more. Steaming - It's not
    just for pork chops any more. ;^)

  10. justme wrote:
    > Anyone want to share???
    >
    > I think mine is anything w/ creamcheese:

    If you particularly like cream cheese... try an omelet. Fry some
    chives in butter, then add your beaten eggs(this is one of the few
    omelets that is better with egg whites than whole eggs) and pile a
    bunch of cream cheese on before you fold the omelet. Quite good.

    My other favorites are: Hannah's Italian sausage soup, Debbie's pumpkin
    custard, Damsel's Italian crockpot beef and Lynne's chocolate.

  11. justme wrote:

    > creamcheese, seaoned salt, spread on pizza and only eat topping- give
    > crust to dog:)

    If you use low-carb tortillas for the crust, you can eat the whole
    pizza. I use Mission low-carb tortillas for meals whenever I haven't
    planned, have nothing thawed, and need some food fast.

    Pizza: put tortilla in cast iron skillet, add sauce, add shredded
    mozarella, add any likely leftovers lurking in fridge, bake until
    cheese melts.

    Grilled cheese: put tortilla in cast iron skillet, add shredded
    cheddar, couple slices of tomato, fold tortilla in half, fry on one
    side, flip and fry on the other. Good dipped in sour cream or
    guacamole or just plain.

  12. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Anyone want to share???
    >
    > I think mine is anything w/ creamcheese:
    >
    > lunchmeat wrapped around creamcheese
    > creamcheese, splenda, peanutbutter
    > creamcheese, splenda, berries
    > creamcheese, splenda,cocopowder
    > creamcheese, pestoseasoning,spinich
    >
    > creamcheese, seaoned salt, spread on pizza and only eat topping- give
    > crust to dog:)

    Meat my friend, meat.
    --

    370/255/270