Favorite Professional Ironman ( Ironwoman)

You listed the best woman Ironman competitor ever...so far anyways. But the obvious choice for the best man would have to be Luc Van Lierde...again up to now.

roadhouse said:
Without a doubt, Miss Chrissie Wellington. All smiles, all heart, all domination, all Iron, always.

Chrissie Wellington

Yup....she's such a pleasure to watch. Wish I could be all smiles while racing...hell..while training too.. It's going to take a special girl to take her off her high perch.

Favourite Ironman?? That dude that used to push, pull his son!! Hands down. Can't remember his name off the top of my head. That guy is on a different level in my books!

Easy: Dustin Hoffman in Triathlon Man, the second sequel to Marathon Man.

CdnRider said:
Yup....she's such a pleasure to watch. Wish I could be all smiles while racing...hell..while training too.. It's going to take a special girl to take her off her high perch.

Favourite Ironman?? That dude that used to push, pull his son!! Hands down. Can't remember his name off the top of my head. That guy is on a different level in my books!

Team Hoyt, **** is the father and Rick is the son...or his life rather. and I agree, nothing and no one compares to them. Unfortunately, they have long since retired from triathlons and The Ironman.

Froze said:
You listed the best woman Ironman competitor ever...so far anyways. But the obvious choice for the best man would have to be Luc Van Lierde...again up to now.

What do you mean by "so far anyways"?

roadhouse said:
What do you mean by "so far anyways"?

Roadhouse, think about it. Is there anyone who is the best forever? It's not impossible that someone could run 8 TDF's in a row and beat Lance...when, I don't know; but people thought that no one would win more then 5 and look what happened. All records can be beat, it's just a matter of time.

I don't disagree that what one man can do another can do better, that's been my personal motto since i got a bike, i just don't think that the manner in which Chrissie does things, as such was the way with Lance and his seven dominating tours, will be surpassed anytime soon.

Natasha Badman too, she was fantastic to watch and unbeatable. Sweet woman, too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHhTm_MISw&NR=1"]YouTube - Pro Interview: Natascha Badmann[/ame]

for myself it's more the person behind just the records ( such as contador winning this Tour without winning a single stage, what a joke and if he wins 10 in that fashion, it will be just a record) and with Miss Chrissie, the bar has been set too high for any other woman. heck, for any other man too. she just broke her wrist and was out of training for some time but i guess she must have missed competing a whole bunch cause she just broke her own record again over in, what was it, Germany i think, and not by some seconds but by 12 minutes. that's not something any other pro, male or female, wants to hear. She has beaten more male pro Ironmen than most pro male Ironmen have and she's only getting stronger.

eh, just some observations from the cookoo for cocoa puffs house of insanity.