Favorite race?

I was just riding kermessess with one of my team mate.
I was about to come to Belgium to ride with Cycling Team Minerva, but things didn't went how I planned. I'm going to come to Belgium next july or august.

Ok
I wanted to check, my mates had a Fin in their team last year. But apparently it wasn't you.

There was one Finnish rider in Pesant Club Liegeoise and he's pretty good rider. I was staying in a same place with him last spring, at Hoeselt.

My mates ride for Nieuwe hoop Tielen and they had a Fin last year, some americans this year. I ride/work for WAC team Hoboken we had an ukrainian a time ago.

I know him, I was wondering where did he went last summer. Did he get results?

One of them said he rode nice. He wasn't up there with the best but was ok following the pace of the better noramal lads. My buddy said he was only over for a coupe of weeks and that he knew little of belgian cycling in advance with more experience in our type of cyling an d the routes he should be able to do better another time.

She he was ok or even good but lacked experience what showed in his results.

Hi Maarten!

I took a look at the Nieuwe hoop Tielens web site and team looks quite good. Are they riding Top competition race or other bigger races in Belgium?

Originally posted by Guest
I'm not that much into the GT's. They are usually one week of boring flat stages for the sprinters (okay, this years TdF was different), 2 or 3 mountain stages that decide the race and then another week of racing that has hardly any influence on the final top 10 positions.

Hey, I don;t agree on this! :)

You have to understand that for the most riders on the Tour (90%), the "Classement"/ Ranking doesn't count at all!

The most riders try to win one of those flat(ter) stages. I is extremeyl difficult and demanding to win those stages- if everybody gives it a try!
A lot of people regard those stages as "little Classics", and they are regarderd as such- both by the riders and by the press/public!:)

Greetings fromHolland!