Favorite Rider

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by hodagbiker, May 18, 2003.

?

Who is your favorite rider riding today?

1. Lance Armstrong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jan Ullrich

114 vote(s)
    62.3%
  3. Johan Museeuw

47 vote(s)
    25.7%
  4. Marco Pantani

10 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. PeterF

PeterF New Member

Don't judge us by our questionable foreign policies. Come down to Massachusetts and ride with my club followed by a hot cup of coffee and some good cycling talk. You might change your opinion of the USA.
    :)

2. bspeedy00

bspeedy00 New Member

This may sound stupid, but I enjoyed the hell out of watching Thomas Voeckler in the tour de france. Just a tuff little guy. He is no lance, but I had to admire the guy.

3. Oytun Calapover

Oytun Calapover New Member

I think he got called for a foul three or four years ago when he leaned on the other sprinter at the very end. It was very obvious too. But, I agree with you. He is a great rider and looks like a nice guy too.

Oytun

4. Fletchnj05

Fletchnj05 New Member

Hi Group,

I would have to say my favorite riders today would have to be Stuart O'Grady and Floyd Landis. I just the love the heart these two riders display in each and every event they enter.

It's too bad neither will ever win a grand tour, but they still seem to find ways to shine.

~Fletch

5. Miss Meow

Miss Meow New Member

That was one of my highlights from the tour :) .

Abraham Olano was my favourite rider for a long time; my fave current day would be Robbie McEwen. I used to think he was a whiny pain in the butt but he's really matured over the last couple of years. One of the fastest riders I've ever seen, too.

6. Virenque

Virenque New Member

Heh I forgot to add Chavanel, he`s one of my top favs..:)

7. OLMO

OLMO New Member

Watching the Hard Road and Pro has really made me admire the American domestic circuit. Being a Canadian, and hearing such good things about Gord Fraser, I can't help but support him.

But I suppose for the European scene, I like some of the more 'humble Americans' (an oxymoron???) like Julich and Hincapie.

8. leegregory

leegregory New Member

I like Bettini and his never say die attitude, would like to meet the guy and see if he is how i imagine him to be.

Fav all time has to be Fondriest, man what a stylish rider, i met him at the Leeds Classic some years ago and he was a really decent chap. Also liked Phil Anderson, watched him a few times on the Kelloggs Pro Tour and i really liked him.

9. wolfix

wolfix New Member

I got to meet Curt at a velodrome once and he is a great guy....... Trackies seeem to have more fun loving personality then most roadies ..... The man had style...... And cycling needs more guys like him......