Favorite Street Shoes

DancingLady

Mar 9, 2015
For those of you who commute by bike, what are your favorite shoes? I had several pare of Sketchers "biker" shoes that were really nice looking sort of Mary Jane type shoes. They had good traction for the pedals because of how the sole was made. Sadly that brand started using cheaper materials and raising the price so I stopped buying as they were too expensive for how long they lasted.
Since I had to switch to cheaper shoes, I've gone with shoes that have softer soles since it's hard to find much tread on non athletic shoes. I find the softer rubber gives good traction because it bends around he pedal s little bit.

I actually have no riding shoes except the ordinary sneakers but mostly my rubber shoes. But there are times that I use slippers on rare occasions when I am biking inside the village like sightseeing or whiling away my time. A spin in the park sometimes cool me off when I don't feel good inside the house like having an argument with someone. But anyway, shoes or no shoes, what's important to me is the bicycle which I currently don't have. So again, my plan to buy is put on hold due to some reasons.

I hope you are able to get a bicycle soon. It's such a good way to get around and get exercise at the same time. I don't think I could do it without any shoes though, my feet aren't that tough.

Reactions: Corzhens
I general go for sensible all days shoes that also work well for open pedal biking. Clarks or Aerosoes with a leather upper and flat sole with a decent grip. None of this capped heel nonsense. I wear closed shoes in winter and open backed/mules in summer.

It is getting harder and harder to find shoes that hold up to biking and walking and look okay for an office. I don;t really want to be changing my shoes int he morning and afternoon. Even brands like Aerosoles are plummeting in term of quality and a pair is lucky to last me six months.

I also just use sneakers. I might switch to other shoes when I start riding my bike daily, though. However, at least up to now I have not really had any problems in this regard.

DancingLady said:
I hope you are able to get a bicycle soon. It's such a good way to get around and get exercise at the same time. I don't think I could do it without any shoes though, my feet aren't that tough.
The problem why I have no bike yet is the risks involved in biking. My husband is against a new bike for now because of the not so recent incidents of mugging and holdups in our area. Last week, we were looking at the display of bikes in the mall and I was already canvassing for prices. One bike I liked has a tag price of $400 but there is a pre-condition, that I should find a biking buddy, preferably a female, before I would buy the bike. And that is pretty difficult because lady bikers are so rare here.

Well, I do not commute via bike. But I do a lot of walking at work. I used to be big on Nike and Nike Air, but recently I purchased a pair of ladies Fila and I am happy with them.

I just use my running shoes to bike with and that actually works very well by themselves. I own a pair of Nike pegasus' so they get the job done very good.